DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
awman.gif
It's like going through a tunnel at 300 mph
wow.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle: Yeah it is!!! only when I get that, it's usualy just part of m vision, like a random shape (say for insance in the shape of a C) and within that "C" shape everything is warped/shimmering like that only a lot smaller faster ripples. But before that happens you see a black spot like you stared into the sun. After the wavy stuff goes (~20mins) then the migrane sets in. Ouch. The vision crap scared the **** out of me the first time it happened I had no idea what was goign on or why.

Thank god I haven't had a migrane since I've been taking a magnesium pill once a day!!!! I endure a lot of un-called for stress right now every day and that takes a toll on ones health.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
IsaacHayes said:
powernoodle: Yeah it is!!! only when I get that, it's usualy just part of m vision, like a random shape (say for insance in the shape of a C) and within that "C" shape everything is warped/shimmering like that only a lot smaller faster ripples. But before that happens you see a black spot like you stared into the sun. After the wavy stuff goes (~20mins) then the migrane sets in. Ouch. The vision crap scared the **** out of me the first time it happened I had no idea what was goign on or why.

Thank god I haven't had a migrane since I've been taking a magnesium pill once a day!!!! I endure a lot of un-called for stress right now every day and that takes a toll on ones health.

That's almost exactly what I see when I get a migrane. Fortunately all I get is the visual disturbance for about 20 minutes, and little if any headache.

I get the same "C" shape that grows until it fades off in my peripheral vision. Probably tells me something interesting about how the visual cortex is laid out in the brain, but I just want it to go away. :rant:

I describe it to people as looking like the "Predator" when he's got his refactive camoflauge turned on, stuff is the color of what's behind it, but it's all chopped up into little moving segments.

First one I had as a kid freaked me out too. I thought I had a brain tumor or something, LOL...

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
AJ, yup, exactly. I think the first shape I had was C or S shaped, but a little deformed. I thought I was going to go blind or had a tumor too! I read up that it was a migrane(after the headache happened, brought me to my knees and I layed on the floor in a dark room) and now take the magnesum vitamens and all's good.

Concept: Yeah, after I looked at the illusion I had a headache and felt a little dizzy. Not a fan of either feelings so I didn't go back for a second time!! :)