Energizer CHFCV Charger, Bunk?

Gaffle

Enlightened
MY wife bought me this charger for my birthday in Feb. Well I noticed lately that the low charge indicator on my Myo Xp pops up rather early. I just put in freshly charged Energizer NiMh today and the low charge came on after MAYBE 1 minute of use. I don't really know for sure if these batteries are the problem, or the charger.

I noticed that Energizer doesn't have this model on their products list anymore. I am curious if it was a flop and they came out with something new. On a different site it claimed that this charger also trickle charges the batteries to keep them at full capacity, I don't remember reading this when I recieved this unit. Another annoyance is that this charger cannot charge only 1 battery at a time. You have to charge in pairs. Well since I have a Zipka, and a Myo Xp, which both take 3 batteries, that is a slight problem. I want to be able to charge 3 batteries at a time. Since you have to charge 2 batteries at a time I didn't think that I could mix and match, IE 1 AA and 1 AAA. I might be wrong on that part.

Anyone using a descent charger for multiple battery types? I have lost trust in this charger, I know that it isn't keeping the batteries to full capacity. I find it annoying having some NiMh laying around and hoping that it has juice left when I need it.

I think I'll try the Duracell NiMh next.

As a side note, I am typing with my Zipka attached to my wrist. I really dig my Zipka, but a Zipka Plus would be better :grin2:.