FS:27 LT TI CB SOLD OUT! 20 year replacment if broken!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added 10-24-2006.
Hey. if you break your ti bezel within 20 years I will replace it.
Just send it back to me explain what happened and i will replace it.
I have 5 for this porpose, so when those run out so does this offer.

Added 10-18-06

Ok guys as many people who want one of these have now odrderd theirs. So Have at it. If you aren't on the list and have been patiently waiting go ahead and place your order.
Those of you who want a second unit go ahead and send that order in as well. If this is a second one for you please note it in the notes area of the payment. I will where possible include both parts in the envelope.
I think there are only 5 or 6 people who did not get on the interested list.
Enjoy and thanks for the interest.

Yaesumofo

ADDED 10-17-2006
Where is the beef?
Right here.
These are beefy as can be. Very nice very heavy duty. These bezels are designed with a very thick bezel to spread out any impact they may have to absorb. Things are tough tough tough.
Enjoy guys.

thebeef2.jpg

thebeef.jpg

Hey guys I have good news and I have great news.
Good news: The parts are done and the yeild was very good.
(the great news: The shop managed to get a few more than 55 parts done. (more than expected) So I will put 55 units for sale.
It has been suggested that when I put these up for sale (Starting right now) and for the next couple of days untill 1300 PST thursday 10-19-2006. The bezels will be for sale to ONLY the guys on the list. We have enough parts for everybody!! The guys on the list have untill 1300 thursday to pay for their parts. Thursday at 1300 everybody who wants one may order untill they are gone.
When you have sent paypal please indicate your payment on this thread.
The price will be $37.00 USD if you live overseas add $2.50 for a total of $39.50 That includes Canada (sorry)
Paypal payments to be made to yaesumofo(at)gmail.com Where the (at) is a @.
If you don't have a paypal account that is OK you are not going to be left out. Please PM me so we can make other arrangements.
I will post images as soon as I go down and pick up the parts (later today or early tommorow).
Thanks for the interest and support!! Here is me hoping that you guys like these bezels!!!

HEY GUYS!! Please make sure that you include your CPF handle and address in the comments area of the PayPal. Please!!
Yaesumofo

Added 10-13-2006:
Hi guys Just a quick update. I will not have the parts untill next week. I am shooting for the sale to begin either wednsday or saturday.
The $35.00 price is going to be reviser upwards by a couple of dollars.
I need to do this to account for the PayPal Tax. I really need to receive after paypal fees $35.00 for each unit.
My only other option is to add the cost of postage to each sale. I do not want to do this.
I am also going to reserve the choice of postage. The cost difference between priorty and first class is huge. First class may end up being the best choice for this project.
Watch this space for the sale announcement.
Yaesumofo

HI guys I am having some Titanium crenelated bezel's
made for the 27 LT. When I saw what do had offered quite frankly I was disappointed in them. The bezel didn't fit over the entire front of the light.
These will be the full 1 3/8 size to fit properly. No Offence Don I just think it was a slight miss. I happened to find some "scrap" ti on e-bay. It is actually first rate stuff I was able to find a 1/38 Diameter x 13" Long Aircraft Grade 6AL-4V Titanium. I was able to get a good deal on the stuff for 2 reasons. One 1 3/8" is an unusual size 2 I used Bid snipe (PM ME for info on bid sniping works) Now the OD size is not absolutely perfect for the project because I would like to turn a little bit of the material off the oD just to make it pretty. Well I will most likely have them polished so they will look nice.
So these will be available within several weeks. The shop has the material and plans (thanks Don) which needed minimal adjustments.
So Now I wait. In the mean time you guys are here by invited to tell me how crazy I am to be doing this with perfectly good Ti Bar. These Bezels will be the usual Yaesumofo High quality. they are designed to fit the 27LT specifically. If you have other needs Let me know and I will pull a few before threading, so that you may have them threaded for what ever you may need them to be ( I will not be providing a service of threading them for you. I am setting up for the 27 LT and that is it. I am sure there will be a surplus of these. Well I hope so.
That is it. I haven't produced anything part wise, except for a couple of top secrete items for some guys out here for some time since my O-Sink program which proved to be very successful. I may in future be able to do more runs of bezels depending on market forces and the prices of materials.

I have not ruled out some sort of wild finish on some of these Ti Bezels.
Now Don't ask because I will not be milling slots for tritium vials. somebody else I see is producing these and I have little interest in the added expense of the milling operation. these will be plain and simple. When I have them in my hand I will be selling them. If you have read this far you are most likely wondering about price. well here is the deal on price. I have a total of 31" inches of material. I do not know what the yield will be number wise. I got a fantastic deal on the ti because I spent less than $120 for the whole lot. A true bargain. Hey I don't mind sharing this with you guys because if you poke around on e-bay you would find this out with ease. So I am up front about it. Besides I am quite proud of the bargain I got on this material. But as some of you may know material is not everything when to comes down to this. I can say that the price will reflect the good price i received on the material you must also know that in the grand scheme of things. The shop I deal with exclusively here in southern California is a big shop and my little run of bezels is a tiny blip on their screen more of a hindrance than something they want to do. But I have developed a relationship with them and they happen to like me so they will be doing the run as a time filler. The price of these parts will be a fair. sorry about the long rant to describe a little project. The one thing about it is that this IS NOT vaporous in any way. These parts are in process and will be available within 30 days...with a bit of luck. Heck it may be sooner maybe a bit longer. The shop is VERY busy at the moment as are all high end machine shops that I know of here in southern California.
Enough spilling of the beans.
Look here for what will most likely be ONE update informing you that they are available and how much they will cost.
That is it thanks for reading this rant.
Enjoy the wait save your quarters. speaking of quarters I went to the coin star with my full penny and change bottle the other DAT because they were full and I left with over $70 in cash. You could have knocked me over with a feather.
Have a good wait.
Yaesumofo
Go ahead and roast and toast the idea from here on out. I have no care about what you talk about on this thread as long as it is somewhat related to this project. Negative comments are as welcome as positive ones. I love positive creative input though and it has a way of showing ip in the end product if it is a good idea.
UPDATE!!! Hey guys Unless intrest drops dramatically or some disaster occures The price on these will be $35.00 inclusive of shipping (domestic USA Via Priorty mail**)
So start saving your quarters today you only need 140 of them!!
I should be able to get these shipping by mid september if all goes as planned (including my family holiday between now and then).

Yaesumofo
** see above these may be shipped via first class post.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
Re: 27 LT TI crenelated bezel Interest

in line for one please...

aosty

Enlightened

Thanks for sharing... *withdrawn* :whistle:

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can count me in for (1).

(...and a copper o-sink if you ever run some more:poke:)

:naughty:
-DF

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for one! Thanks!

I would prefer six crenulations as opposed to the eight that Don as adopted for the 27mm ring. Thanks for doing this!

WP

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for one too!

Kiessling

Flashaholic

One for me, please. Thanx :)

BTW ... teh ti-bezels Don offered were for the Aleph1 head and not for the 27LT, they just happened to screw in there, too :D

bernie

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 27 LT TI crenelated bezel Interest--Price Update!!

Mofo,

I would like to claim one of them.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm assuming these will screw on a Aleph 1 head just fine...is that a fair assumption?

schiesz

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are designed to work specifically with the 27 LT. If they happen to fit the ALEPH 1 head that would be a bonus. I wouldn't assume anything unless you know that the threads and dimentions are EXACTLY the same on the 27 LT and ALEPH I heads.
Yaesumofo

schiesz said:
I'm assuming these will screw on a Aleph 1 head just fine...is that a fair assumption?

schiesz