Longest throw beam for a flashlight around 30-40 $ ???

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm looking for some flashlight with an HIGHER throw beam than my 7W Golston bought from Dae's site. This flashlight is awesome for the price, but I need another to illuminate around 120 mt ( I have to check a river near my house at night, and my home's window is around 120 mt from that)
With that I reach around 80 mt. using 2 rechargeables LIR123 800 ahm.
Let me know if you have any ideas !
Thanks in advance
:naughty:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that budget and with led IMO not possible. 120 meters are a lot and you will see your target bright?

IMO two possibilitys:

Spend more or go with a handheld searchlight and incan.

Best regards

____
Tom

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Long John mentioned, you're not going to get an LED product to reach 120 meters. As a matter of fact, you're not likely to get many incandescent flashlights to reach that distance, with the exception of the higher powered flashlights. In the low cost range, something like a Mag 6D light might be able to reach that distance if you install the Mag-Num Star Xenon bulb in it.

If you want to see it bright, the alternative solution that will most likely be in your budget (depending on availability and country) would be to use one of the 55W spotlights, either a self-contained one, or one that plugs into the 12V outlet of a car.

Tremendo

Enlightened
My Golston 7w is un-touchable in it's price range for throw and overall LED light. You could buy a $10 - $20 spotlight.

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
I'm agree with tremendo, that 7w golston has an incredible power for that price.
If anybody got any ideas will be appreciated !
Thanks

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
I second the 3D MagLight with the 3 watt LED (3D MagLED). This thing throws and throws as you can focus it down to a real pencil beam! It out throws my Inova T3 and even my Surefire C3 with the 2nd Gen. KL-3 head.

For the money, and with respect to throw, the 3D MagLED cannot be beat!

mikeyx

Enlightened
How about the 3C LedBeam for $24 shipped ? Slightly less throw with more overall output that the 3D MagLED.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flight_Deck and mikeyx
The original poster is looking for a light that will reach 120 meters. None of the current LEDs will reach that far. The LEDBeam and Mag LED might go about 80 meters under ideal conditions, and the light is going to be barely visible at that distance.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Flight_Deck and mikeyx
The original poster is looking for a light that will reach 120 meters. None of the current LEDs will reach that far. The LEDBeam and Mag LED might go about 80 meters under ideal conditions, and the light is going to be barely visible at that distance.

My thoughts too:rant:

Best regards

____
Tom

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Flight_Deck and mikeyx

yes, it would be quite a stretch for an LED light. A HF 35W HID would light up something at 120m like a Christmas tree, but its NOT $40 (more like $140.00). I agree on one of the hand held halogen spotlights. You can get them at any dept store for short money.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like what the others mentioned here regarding the spotlights, in particular the Brinkmanns for the said amount of change.

Enjoy!

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all,
on ebay I found several flashlights sold to illuminate over 100 mt, at about 40$.
I don't know if it was real so I asked here!
Thanks

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Long John and fieldops,
Yes, but given that this thread is in the LED forums, the best throwing LED light for the stated price range is still the 3D MagLED. :nana:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unlike conventional forms of commerce, eBay does allow sellers to make misleading and inaccurate claims to products that they are selling. If you choose to believe the information that is your choice and you can show your approval by parting with your funds. Realistically though, I'd suggest looking back historically at items that may be available only by mail-order resources, that were not available in conventional retail stores (like stuff sold on TV.) Perhaps the reason that those products were not available in retail stores is because they were substandard and retail merchants did not want to have to deal with the dissatisfied customers?

While electronic commerce has opened the door for cottage industry vendors who may be able to offer top quality hand-made products with wider distribution, that market is also ripe to vendors who are experienced at moving large quantites of low quality goods and they have taken advantage of the opportunity to move this substandard merchandise to the gullible, all the while making claims that are "too good to be true."

lucertolone said:
Thanks all,
on ebay I found several flashlights sold to illuminate over 100 mt, at about 40$.
I don't know if it was real so I asked here!
Thanks

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
I trust in you and this forum, I'll check everyday to learn more about flashlights! Here in Italy torches aren't very popular !
Thanks
I wanna try one of these mag 3d but I prefer AA/AAA or LIR123

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flight_Deck said:
Long John and fieldops,
Yes, but given that this thread is in the LED forums, the best throwing LED light for the stated price range is still the 3D MagLED. :nana:

There is nothing wrong with the D-Magleds, only they can't illuminate a target at 120 meters (with brightness).

If you (or an E-bay seller with his led light products in this price range) claimed the contrary, I doubt it.:whistle:

Best regards

____
Tom

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Long John said:
There is nothing wrong with the D-Magleds, only they can't illuminate a target at 120 meters (with brightness).

If you (or an E-bay seller with his led light products in this price range) claimed the contrary, I doubt it.
rolleye11.gif

Best regards

____
Tom

I agree - 120 meters is certainly beyond useful range for any LED. Just out of curiosity I'll go out this evening and see if I can get a "best estimate" on useful range of the 3D MagLED.

And for whatever it's worth, when I want range on my land I use my M4, G&P Scorpion (when I want something that won't make me cry if I break it), or my Acro X990. Now those babies throw!!!

GrizRod

Newly Enlightened
I have the Maglite 3W LED, I really like it, and the price it's great, but 120m is stretching it, to really light something up. Have to agree a spotlight is about the only thing in that price range that will do the job. WalMart has the 10 Million Candlepower Thor Cyclops online for around $37.95 US. I had one, and with its 100watt halogen bulb did a good job. A little more money will get you the 15 Million Candlepower Thor with the 130W halogen, and for the money, they are tough to beat in that price range, plus being rechargeble, you won't be buying batteries all the time. Shipping can't be that bad to Italy, by slow boat. Maybe you can start a trend over there.