Is there battery rattle in Fenix L2T?

ychang

Newly Enlightened
I am going to buy a Fenix L2T and this is one concern I have, is there any battery rattle when shaking the flashlight? I know a lot of people do not care about this problem, but I am not very happy with the battery rattle, as in my Surefire 6P and Fenix L1P, they are functionaly very good lights and the battery rattle is the only negative I have about them. While my HDS EDCs never has battery rattle no matter how hard I shake it.

Any help is greatly apprciated.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just test-shook my L2T, and there is some battery rattle. It happens if I vigorously shake it, but a vigorously shaken flashlight won't produce a very steady beam. If you use the light normally, you probably won't notice anything. I would recommend getting the light, and if the battery rattle really bothers you, just wrap some paper around your NiMHs. It's a reasonably tight fit in there, so you won't need that much padding.

ychang

Newly Enlightened
Thank you TigerHawk for the advice. The tube will become hot after use, will the wrap around the battery further prevent heat from going away?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head gets a little warm when used on high mode for extended periods, but it's nothing to worry about - AFAIK, paper won't cook the cells. It's an aluminum light, so the heat generated by the LuxIII will be radiated away before it has time to reach the cells. Low mode is very useful anyway, so you will probably only need high mode for short bursts.

And you're welcome.

ychang

Newly Enlightened
Great, thanks, so I guess L2T is like L1P, has battery rattle when vigorously shaken. I will get one and may try to wrap the batteries if necessary, as you suggested.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a single 3x3 post-it note around the NiMH batteries in my L2P and L2T. It's the perfect thickness to prevent rattle. The sticky makes it easy to roll the batteries up if you start on that end.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you get rattle in a L1P? Don't own (or like) Surefire products, but are you sure you're getting a battery rattle and it's not a rattle from the switch? My Streamlight SL-2 will rattle, but it's comiing from the switch, not from the batteries (confirmed by shaking with gentle pressure against the switch.

ychang said:
but I am not very happy with the battery rattle, as in my Surefire 6P and Fenix L1P,

InfidelCastro

Banned
When I use heavier batteries like alkalines or NIMH then the rattle is a little annoying when you shake it, but it's really not that noisy or noticeable.

With the lighter lithiums it's barely noticeable.