HELP! I need some really small rubbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colubrid

Enlightened
You know the rubber things people put over their ARC AAA so that they can be held between the teeth..

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny title. Just the other day I told my coworker how happy and lucky I was that this guy gave me his old rubbers. The day they were given to me, another guy commented, "when you're as good as Tim, you always need to play with new rubbers." So, what am I talking about? Table tennis--I just joined a local table tennis club and I needed a better paddle (racket), and this nearly professional guy (he actually tried to play competitvely at the professional level, I was told, and that anybody who isn't actually a competing professional gets demolished by him) who I didn't know but was in awe of, out of the blue, gave me his old rubbers which were still in top condition! ($30 for one side, and $47 for the other!) Lucky me! (Another guy offered me his backup blade for $30, which I immediately bought.)

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
try picking up a pack of grippy pens at the dollar store. I got a pack of 4 nice grippy rubber (pens attached) for a buck. They are perfect for mouth holding an arc.

colubrid

Enlightened
I assume you mean the black part of the grippy pens that have a curve in them?...oh never mind I will just go to Wallyworld and look at the pens.

Thanks Carbine. I'll try that.

colubrid

Enlightened
You know, This seems like a good idea for an ARC AAA. Somebody should get a line on these!! I have to hold the light my in my mouth while working with both hands. With a runner thing on it, it won't cause the scratches on your ARC and it will keep the rattling down if clipped outside of the pants.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Jumpmaster said:
Fry's has all sort of sizes and colors of heat shrink tubing. Radio Shack used to but I haven't checked for it lately.

JM-99

Yep, Radio Shack still has it.

marcspar

Enlightened
You could also try 'finger cots' sold at staples and office supply stores. They work great.

Marc

Illum

Flashaholic
when I first say the title i thought someone needed galoshes...:laughing:

Radioshack has them but they're a little expensive for what they give you....but all the cheaper places are online:ohgeez:

Martin

Enlightened
A short piece of PVC hose. If too tight, heat up with hair drier to make it soft and slightly stretchable, then push onto the ARC.

colubrid

Enlightened
hmm. A lot of good suggestins here. I saw a pic of an Arc here on CPF a while back with a rubber on it. Not sure what type it was though..

1) Radio Shack

2) PVC

3) 'finger cots' @ office supply stores (and do finger 'finger cots' look like ? )

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer something called a Pencil Pillow, though I bought some in a pack of 5, probably at Walmart or some such store.

They're much softer than anything else I've tried. They are about 1½-2" long and fit the Arc AAA tightly, so there's no slipping once on.

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finger cots look like condoms for fingers, some are textured most have holes for ventilation. They are used for turning pages, many pages and not the ones in congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.