Terralux Minim*g UV drop-in

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Found the Terralux NUV drop-in based on the Cree XLamp at BrightGuy. I dropped it into a minim*g and was pleasantly surprised by the throw. The beam quality is splotchy and kinda weird and it doesn't focus really well, but even so, it's got better throw than almost any other NUV LED light that I have.

BTW it's not on their website yet; ya gotta ask. :sssh:

Canuke

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
Found the Terralux NUV drop-in based on the Cree XLamp at BrightGuy. I dropped it into a minim*g and was pleasantly surprised by the throw. The beam quality is splotchy and kinda weird and it doesn't focus really well, but even so, it's got better throw than almost any other NUV LED light that I have.

BTW it's not on their website yet; ya gotta ask. :sssh:

This one? http://www.terralux.biz/products/TLE-5UVpage.php

I wonder how you "found it at Brightguy" if it's not on their site. I'm not hectoring you about it, I just want one and need to know the likely damage... :drool:

Edited to add: these guys have it for $30.00. That's a LOT cheaper than other options I've seen so far.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Canuke said:
This one? http://www.terralux.biz/products/TLE-5UVpage.php

I wonder how you "found it at Brightguy" if it's not on their site. I'm not hectoring you about it, I just want one and need to know the likely damage... :drool:

Edited to add: these guys have it for $30.00. That's a LOT cheaper than other options I've seen so far.

Yes, that's the one. I found out by calling Greg and asking him! :grin2: BTW I can't speak for him in terms of pricing but it was similar to what you found it for at lightguys.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine a couple of days ago. I can't remember who I got it from, but the box says "Shoreline Market." It's pretty bright, but it doesn't seem to bring out the color in the anti-counterfitting strip in money as well as the 380nm LEDs I have. Like PW said, the beam is pretty funky. I think it's about time that we start getting some orange peel reflectors around here!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoreline Market is the actual business name of the site that you know as batteryjunction.com.

Trashman said:
I just got mine a couple of days ago. I can't remember who I got it from, but the box says "Shoreline Market." It's pretty bright, but it doesn't seem to bring out the color in the anti-counterfitting strip in money as well as the 380nm LEDs I have. Like PW said, the beam is pretty funky. I think it's about time that we start getting some orange peel reflectors around here!