Surefire U2

scottryana

Newly Enlightened
All,

I am new to the forum and the nice lights that most of you have. I recently bought a Surefire U2 (just arrived tonight) I took it out tonight and was playing with it. I really like the feel of the light, but after about 5 minutes, the lowest 2 settings stopped working. When I would turn the selector ring the light would go out after the 4 highest settings. I turned it off and on and the same thing happened. I put it back in my pocket and drove home (20 min) some what disappointed. When I got home I pulled the light out of my pocket so that I could describe the problem and everything seems to work fine now. Is this something that I need to address? Could it be bad batteries?

Thanks for your help,
Ryan.

ront

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ryan,
I would try new batteries. The U2 does some funny stuff on depleted batteries. If it not the batteries, then Surefire will help you out.
Welcome to CPF by the way and nice light!!

Ron

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello scottryana and welcome at CPF:)

It seems to be a "Homelight".:)

I second ronts post:thumbsup:

Best regards

____
Tom

faucon

Enlightened
ront said:
Hi Ryan,
I would try new batteries. The U2 does some funny stuff on depleted batteries. If it not the batteries, then Surefire will help you out.
Welcome to CPF by the way and nice light!!

Ron
Welcome to CPF, Ryan. Whenever my U2 starts acting up like yours did, it's been the batteries. Hope this is all it is! I love my U2 and I'm sure you will love yours, too.

Last edited:

Loomy

Enlightened
Always make sure you are using two cells of the same voltage from the same manufacturer.

When my U2 runs out of power, only the low settings work. The rest just fizzle out.

If something is wrong with your light, Surefire will replace it no problem :)

scottryana

Newly Enlightened
Well guys I went out and bought new batteries today.... no change. The light is still not quite acting as advertised. There are only 5 levels of light. I start at the lowest level and rotate the bezel clockwise. levels 1 and 2 are very very dim, the jump to three is huge and then levels 4 and 5 are just slightly brighter then level 3. There is no level 6? Is there anything I should check before calling/writing surefire? I love the feel of the light, it is the perfect size I just want to get everything fixed.

Thanks,
Ryan.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
If you do have to exchange it, recommend you try to do so through the vendor as opposed to Surefire (assuming you bought it new.) It will be much quicker.

Latest posts