Any Pila gl4 550 lumen reviews/beamshots?

pete7226

Enlightened
Any comparisons from those that have it would be great. I've been teeter tottering between the gl3 and gl4 for awhile and its driving me nuts. I had the gl3 on a passaround but desire a little more output to make a purchase. I plan to use it with the pila batts at 250 lumens but any reviews with primaries or pilas would be helpful.

BUZ

Enlightened
I've been searching this forum high & low for a beam shot of the GL4 with a 550 lumen lamp :shakehead but can't find a thing! I went ahead and purchased one and will post a pic within the next few days.

BUZ

Enlightened
Well looks like I'll be posting a pic sometime next week, I purchased the gl4 from JS burly on the 28th and it hasn't shipped yet! :mecry: How does the SF M-6 @ 500 lumens run for aprox. 20 minutes and the GL4 @ 550 lumens runs for aprox. 45 minutes (both use 4 3v primaries)? :thinking:

Last edited:

glennser

Newly Enlightened
Buz: Actually it's even worse than that, the M6 uses 6 primaries!! Don't get me wrong I love the thing but I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison with the gl4.
Glennser

BUZ

Enlightened
glennser said:
Buz: Actually it's even worse than that, the M6 uses 6 primaries!! Don't get me wrong I love the thing but I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison with the gl4.
Glennser

Your right six! :ohgeez:I'm wondering if the GL4 is even close to 550, I have a 300 lumen WE M90X I can compare it to.

camshaft

Newly Enlightened
Buzz

I was going to pull the trigger today and order the GL4 thru JS Burley's but cudnt reach him on the phone all day. That being said, I almost pulled the trigger on the M90-13v last week thru PTS.

So, I am real interested in ur opinions having owned both these lights. When u take some beam shots comparing the two, wud u also mind taking some pics of both lights side by side showing the size comparison of the lights themselves. Is ur M90 the 13v with the extension or just the 12v?

Cheers

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GL4 550 lumen lamp just smokes the Wolf Eyes and older PILA lamps.
I don't own a digicam but if there is a member in Houston who wants to get together and do some beam shots I'm game

carrot

Flashaholic
Jon (JS Burly's) has been a little busy with family matters as of late. Don't worry, Jon will take care of your order!

pete7226

Enlightened
madecov, which wolf eyes are you comparing it to? I know the 13v is pretty bright based on the numbers from flashlightreview.com

LowWorm

Enlightened
BUZ and camshaft, Jon has funeral business to attend to this week. He wants his customers to know that hopefully as soon as Tuesday he'll be back and ready to ship out orders.

I've got the Pila GL4 300 lumens light. I'm more into LEDs, but the toughness, runtime, and beam are impressive - I can only imagine what the 550 lamp is like.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am interested in seeing more about this 550 lumen beast. It seems that the 550 lumen output is only capable when using primary batteries. The rechargeable Pila batters drops output to 250 lumes.

Curtis

Last edited:

BUZ

Enlightened
camshaft said:
Buzz

I was going to pull the trigger today and order the GL4 thru JS Burley's but cudnt reach him on the phone all day. That being said, I almost pulled the trigger on the M90-13v last week thru PTS.

So, I am real interested in ur opinions having owned both these lights. When u take some beam shots comparing the two, wud u also mind taking some pics of both lights side by side showing the size comparison of the lights themselves.( I can do that) Is ur M90 the 13v with the extension or just the 12v? (just the 12v)

Cheers

Will post some beamshots of the GL4!

ugrey

Enlightened
For a review of this light do a search in the incan. forum for "pila 550". Madecov did a good review.

pete7226

Enlightened
Thanks, saw that already. Looking for some beams and comparisons with other similarly powered lights.