Which Luxeon star to choose?

iced_theater

Enlightened
Which of these would be brighter? A RXOJ Lux I star in my Princeton Tec EOS or a TX1K Lux III? The Lux III is a higher bin, but I don't know if the batteries can do that slightly higher vf. I might just buy a UWOJ or UX1J and have a very bright headlamp.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those two should be close to the same brightness when driven at the same current, the same goes for their Vfs.

An S bin Lux1 or U bin LuxIII should give a bit more brightness, but due to bin variations it could be substantial or it might not.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
iced_theater said:
Which of these would be brighter? A RXOJ Lux I star in my Princeton Tec EOS or a TX1K Lux III? The Lux III is a higher bin, but I don't know if the batteries can do that slightly higher vf. I might just buy a UWOJ or UX1J and have a very bright headlamp.

It's a crap shoot. An R lux 1 is most comparable to a T lux III. If you're going to drive at around 300-400mA, I'd opt for the Lux I since they were binned for that drive level. Remember Vf is also rated at the appropriate drive levels (350mA for lux I and 700mA for lux III)