Pocket Clip on AAA-P or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Want to order one. Can I expect to see the handy removeable pocket clip I've noticed in a review or two?

Thanks,
Jeff.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
BTW, I found they don't actually work that well if you use it because there is nothing to hold the clip from sliding up or down. It has a bad habit of doing just that.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my Arc on my keychain so the clip is rather useless for me. But I do leave it on cause I like the looks of it much better. It has never come off without me forcing it off though,

-C

paulr

Flashaholic
It does slide around a little bit but it's no big deal. You might be able to remove it, crunch it with a pliers a little, and put it back on to make it tighter. The clip is handy for using the lights handsfree, clipping it to a hat brim or to your shirt collar.

Coop57

Enlightened
I use my Arc AAA as a night time reading light. The clip attaches to the lamp shade of a regular lamp that sits at my bedside. I can easliy adjust the angle/position. This keeps the wife happy. When she is happy I am happy.

arty

Enlightened
I hate the clip

I just sent this email to Arc:

"I like the light - but hate the clip. Most people who buy your ARC-P want it for a keychain, not a shirt pocket.
When I removed the clip, I scratched up the light. This is distressing in a new, expensive flashlight - and not necessary. Now I have a 4-hour old light that looks "older" than it should.

I recommend just packing the clip with the light. That way, people who want it can attach it.
It messed up a nice light - not so nice for the finish after just a few hours.
It was not necessary to add the clip."

I think that the clip looks tacky and increases bulk. I got the Arc because I wanted a small light. I didn't see the clip on the website, and don't think I would have bought it if I had known the shiney clip would be on it.

I like the flashlight, but the clip kills it for me.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seriously doubt that you scratched the light - the finish is extremely durable. Brush the area that you think is scratched with a stiff toothbrush (or similar). More likely the hard finish "scratched" the clip and left tiny traces of metal from the clip on the flashlight's finish.

Coop57

Enlightened
Arty,
If you are that concerned about the clip scratching the light why not just leave the entire light/clip/battery in the original packaging and put it on the mantle.

arty

Enlightened
The finish on my light does not seem hard at all. It is not especially durable, in fact I wonder if it is properly anodized.

It did get a small scratch or two.

I expect to get scuffs and scratches, but really wonder why the clip at all, for a pocket light???

There are already too many lights on the mantle.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you slide the clip off the end of the light or pull the clip off from the side through the gap on the backside of the clip? If you slid it off the end, it shouldn't leave a mark. That's the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.