Question about tri-/quad-lux reflector mounts

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
Hi -

I've been searching the site a lot and have come up with lots of pics of finished tri-, quad- (and more) lux lights. Most of these do not show the reflector mounting, and I'm curious about how the aftermarket reflectors, such as the McR20, are attached to these lights... None of the photos I've found show the backside of the reflectors.

The fact that the reflectors appear to float above the emitters is a testament to the modder's clean design and execution.

Do these reflectors have legs/standoffs that attach to a base plate or are they epoxied to a baffle?

Thanks in advance for any input or links to examples!
:)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Most tri- and quad-luxeon mods use IMS 20mm reflectors.

Here's a photo of mine, showing how the IMS reflectors standoff using their built-in legs that are designed to fit into the notches in the star PCB:

Another popular reflector for these mods is McGizmo's McR19 - these typically need to be glued down around the base of the emitter or are simply held captive between the front lens/window and the emitter base.

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
So it appears that it's application-specific and depends on whose reflectors you use in your lighjt.

Thank you ktronik and idleprocess - this helps a lot!