D-cell MagLite oversize reflector

CaptCarrot

Newly Enlightened
Does such a thing exist?

I am looking for either an oversize reflector and housing for any D-Cell MagLite - or an equivalent metal D-cell torch (that takes identical bulbs) with a larger reflector as standard.

If we have to go down the route of another make - then ideally it would be a 1-D, being 2-D max. (However 3-n D-cell torches will be considered).

It must be metal because it is going to take a MaxStar3 running off of a 3/4AA-1D converter from The Sandwich Shoppe and, if I cannot mod more than one of these in parallel, a dummy battery or two to fill up the remaining space.

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened
CaptCarrot said:
Does such a thing exist?

I am looking for either an oversize reflector and housing for any D-Cell MagLite - or an equivalent metal D-cell torch (that takes identical bulbs) with a larger reflector as standard.

If we have to go down the route of another make - then ideally it would be a 1-D, being 2-D max. (However 3-n D-cell torches will be considered).

It must be metal because it is going to take a MaxStar3 running off of a 3/4AA-1D converter from The Sandwich Shoppe and, if I cannot mod more than one of these in parallel, a dummy battery or two to fill up the remaining space.

This thread might give you some ideas: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130001