• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I gotta ask...rubber Aleph's??

BladeZealot

Enlightened
I know it's a looooonnnnggg shot, but hey, I have one, so who knows...??

In the market for another rubber coated Aleph...

willing to buy it or trade Aleph goodies.

pm me if you have or know of one. :)

Thanks for looking...

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious what a rubber coated Aleph looks like. Would you mind posting a picture or two?

MM

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mirage_Man said:
Just curious what a rubber coated Aleph looks like. Would you mind posting a picture or two?

MM

Here is my grey guy. And here. is a link to the original sale.

alephmadness6kx.jpg

Some Green Punk keeps trying to get it.:whistle:

Last edited:

taiji

Enlightened
this light does feel kinda rubbery, the green matte finish is more like satin. Is this one? Not selling or anything, just worderin'.

edit: after reading Beamhead's link I am pretty sure this one is.

MaxaBaker's pix

lightstuff0114va.jpg

thanks

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
What are the pros and cons of these? All I can see are cons. need input.

One could and perhaps should say the same about Ti. If we were told there was a metal that would cost twice to three times as much as aluminum, that it has inferior thermal properties, that it was heavier and harder to get a hold of; how many would say that's a good idea? Or is the expense and perceived exclusivity the reason Ti is popular? In this sense the rubber has Ti beat since it has all these qualities and yet remains light weight:)

The advantages of the coated Alephs (which are coated over the HA) that I could see is they feel really nice in the hand, are easy to hang on to, and they wear well without dinging. Another nice thing is you can carry them with other objects without them both being metal objects scratching at each other.

BladeZealot

Enlightened
Bogus1 said:
One could and perhaps should say the same about Ti. If we were told there was a metal that would cost twice to three times as much as aluminum, that it has inferior thermal properties, that it was heavier and harder to get a hold of; how many would say that's a good idea? Or is the expense and perceived exclusivity the reason Ti is popular? In this sense the rubber has Ti beat since it has all these qualities and yet remains light weight:)

The advantages of the coated Alephs (which are coated over the HA) that I could see is they feel really nice in the hand, are easy to hang on to, and they wear well without dinging. Another nice thing is you can carry them with other objects without them both being metal objects scratching at each other.

Yet another reason I like this Bogus1 guy :D

oh...and taiji...:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :D

Last edited:

BladeZealot

Enlightened
taiji said:
this light does feel kinda rubbery, the green matte finish is more like satin. Is this one? Not selling or anything, just worderin'.

edit: after reading Beamhead's link I am pretty sure this one is.

MaxaBaker's pix

lightstuff0114va.jpg

thanks

to be safe...you should send it to me for verification :D :laughing:

BladeZealot

Enlightened
Glad I could help! Seriously:)

I love these lights. Nothing like spreading knowledge of the Alephy goodness that is these lights!! :laughing:

We need an AA {Aleph's Anonymous} support group :D

Beautiful light you have there. Do you carry it...ever??

Mine is a little more carry-friendly, being an A2. I carry it daily :D

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bogus1 said:

Ha HA! I knew there was a reason I didn't have any Ti lights! ;)

So do the vulcanized Alephs get scuffed up badly if rubbed the wrong way? I know I do!

They must be harder to pull out from the front pocket of your jeans. Unlike Trojan's.

And what would Mr. Spock say? Would he just raise one eyebrow? ;)

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well CroMAGnet you best not delay whipping out your rubber Aleph if you are in any danger of premature de-illumination, since it is I suppose harder to pull out of a tight spot.

I suppose you would want to safeguard your lint as these are a bit clingy. But seriously they are a nice surface and I didn't put them to the test yet but they have held up well without signs of wear. They do lose their velvety surface and then are a little smoother and harder after some wear.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a camo rubber Aleph and it is sweeeet!!!! I'm sure the person who sold it to me wouldn't mind posting a pic.

:) :) :) :) :)

cqbdude

Enlightened
Rubber Aleph's!!!???

Here is my Rubber Aleph 2 ..

183608940.jpg

lolsign.gif

This one only has the rubber on the Aleph 2 head..
naughty.gif

183608950.jpg

grinser2.gif

I couldnt help it....it was there...I had to do it...Sorry .. I apologize in advance if it offended anyone...

Bogie

Enlightened
cqbdude said:
Rubber Aleph's!!!???

Here is my Rubber Aleph 2 ..
This one only has the rubber on the Aleph 2 head..
I couldnt help it....it was there...I had to do it...Sorry .. I apologize in advance if it offended anyone...

Wrong on so MANY levels :sssh:............................but DAMM FUNNY :lolsign:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Beamhead said:
Some Green Punk keeps trying to get it.:whistle:
I'm a patient person. I can wait 'till I inherit it, or I get it as graduation present.

:nana:

J/K I know how special that one is, just being a punk.

Man, I just checked that sales thread and I *cannot* believe I did not buy one. It was either back when I was really broke, or when I thought paying more than $50 for a light was too much.

BladeZealot

Enlightened
I understand Raul, that's probably the closest you'll ever get to a rubber Aleph!!

:laughing:

:nana:

I'm thinkin I need to keep that black A2 head after all :nana: :D