• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: 1 and 2X18650 Aleph and E-series compatible Bodies

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I have a local CNC machine shop I'm working with the possibilites are pretty much endless. So it has occurred to me that there may be many of us that would like an option to use the larger 18650 batteries in our Aleph and E series lights. A 2x18650 is always an option as well.

This thread is to gauge interest in such a body. If there is I will look further into designs and pricing.

MM

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Color me INTERESTED!!!! :popcorn:
1x18650 in Black.... as if you couldn't tell from my WTB thread!!!
john

JanCPF

Enlightened
1x18650 HA-NAT for me.

Please make the design close to Surefire/Aleph style. I'm specificly thinking about the knurling. TranquillityBase' tubes are very good machining jobs, but I just dont like the completely different knurling they have. It doesn't look good with Surefire and Aleph parts IMHO.

Jan

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like at least one in black, one in HA NAT, and one bare.

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I agree with JanCPF. TB tubes are very nice, but IMO, they don't match up well with Surefire parts.

Depending on price, i might be in for 1x18650

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are most of you of the mind that a simpler design is more elgant? More like the Aleph parts themselves? Would say.. an enlarged 2 cell body be what you're looking for?

Now obviously there will have to be an adapter between the head and body but I'm sure we can make something that looks cool.

If any of you are so inclined please feel free to post any conceptual designs.

MM

jch79

Mirage_Man said:
So are most of you of the mind that a simpler design is more elgant? More like the Aleph parts themselves? Would say.. an enlarged 2 cell body be what you're looking for?

Now obviously there will have to be an adapter between the head and body but I'm sure we can make something that looks cool.

If any of you are so inclined please feel free to post any conceptual designs.

MM

An enlarged version of the 2-cell body is exactly was I was thinking! I love mine.

An Aleph newbie question: why would an adapter be needed? Couldn't the threading match the 2x123 body?

Thanks Mirage Man!!! This is awesome.

john

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
An enlarged version of the 2-cell body is exactly was I was thinking! I love mine.

An Aleph newbie question: why would an adapter be needed? Couldn't the threading match the 2x123 body?

Thanks Mirage Man!!! This is awesome.

john

Because the diameter of the 18650 is too large in that where it would have to be inserted into the body the thread wall would be too thin or none at all. In other words the inside diameter of the standar Aleph light is right at 17mm. The protected cell I have here measures 18.5mm at the fattest point. The OD of the thread area is roughly 20.5mm which would leave only 1mm thread thickness which would leave only a fraction at the valley of the thread if any at all.

So you can see the need for an adapter. If you look at Tranquilitybase's 18650 tubes you will see he made an adapter as well.

MM

jch79

Ahhh... so - common sense... something I apparently lacked when thinking about that! Thanks for the explanation.
I am still IN as IN can be!
john

Kiessling

Flashaholic
:caution: Don offers a 1.5xCR123 tube, so from this POV there is no need for another version except style. He offers the version for PILA150S batteries though, not the "A" ones.
bernie

Alephbodies.jpg

EDIT for clarification:
I do nto say that a PILA150S tube offers the same advantages as a 168A tube of course, my point was just that there already is a 1,5x123 tube available so it isn't necessary to invest recources for another one (reaction to comment in post above mine), in no way I would discourage 18650 tubes for E-Series, I have some my own ... :D

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great initiative!

I'm interested in two 1x18650 in HA-NAT.
I like the knurling on the SF bodies so would like something like that, good grip is very important.

Sigbjoern

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about mill a flat spot on one end and tap some holes for a Ti. clip?