Many Questions Regarding 2nd Light Purchase

stackmjwiz

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a light with the following characteristics. I need something to compliment my E2E. This light will be for my everyday, basic needs & should be versatile. I've heard a lot of good things about Fenix lights and they seem quite "cheap".

- Small light/pocket light that still packs a punch

- Something that runs on inexpensive, preferably rechargable batteries (preferably 1 AA)

- Doesn't use expensive 123A Batteries

- Decent runtime (At least 3+ hrs)

- Good light for "indoors", more practical light for objects up close

What charger brand should I get? (I saw this Sony charger & batteries on a "hot deal" site for $19 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IWC9C/ref=nosim/101081219797-20)

Just narrowing down my choices by the 1 AA battery, I have the Fenix L1P, Fenix L1T, Civictor V1. Has anyone had any problems with the Fenix L1P or L1T? What should I get?

Lastly, does the Fenix Store offer the cheapest prices on the lights?

Thanks for all your help.

C4LED

Enlightened
Civictor V1 - 4 hrs runtime!

Longer runtime than the others w/the same output or better. It's also shorter so it's easier to carry and has a twistie switch so it's more reliable. I've got one and it's great. Lower cost also!

:thumbsup:

One other consideration - the L1T has a low setting that could be better for using up close, but I haven't had any problems w/using the Civictor that way. It can always be tilted a bit sideways so that you only have spill beam on what your looking at. The large hotspot is fairly bright.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
The L1P and L1T are not unreliable. I have heard very few reports of broken clickies, but if you need that extra assurance of reliability, I'd rank them from most to least like this: V1, L1P, L1T. But I highly doubt you'd have any problems at all. I haven't.

To me, the real draw of the V1 is that it is smaller than the L1P-- it is not that much smaller, but you feel the difference in your pocket (at least, I do).

That said, the L1P is one of my favorite lights (it's simple to use! just click!), while I feel the L1T is currently the better value-- for only a few bucks more, you have two output levels, something that I thought a while ago would have made the L1P a clear choice for a carry light.

So, out of these, I'd recommend the L1T from Fenix-Store. Even better, get the L2T body tube to go with your L1T and you can decide when you need even more light. The L2T is absolutely my favorite of the Fenix lights, btw.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also look at the iteflux and jetI ,they are AA lights to,a bit more veristile,and brighter!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam MKI1 might be just the light! It runs on 1 AA and has 3 light levels. A really neat light!

stackmjwiz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the recommendations; I'll check those out.

What do you guys think about the Sony charger & batteries?

X Racer

Enlightened
Seems like cost is important to you, so I'd probably go for the Fenix L1T. Great light, nice versatility, and great price. The JetBeam is really nice too, but more expensive. The Civictor V1 might be more reliable if it'll be your only EDC.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
stackmjwiz said:
..Small light/pocket light that still packs a punch...inexpensive, preferably rechargeable batteries (preferably 1 AA)... Doesn't use expensive 123A Batteries
123A batteries are only expensive if non-rechargeable. The Fenix P1 is very small, inexpensive, and more powerful than the AA lights. You can get the P1 plus a Nano charger kit from www.lighthound.com.

A less expensive quality AA option would be the new Minimag 2AA LED.

stackmjwiz

Newly Enlightened
Civictor V1 - 38 Lumens
L1P - 30 Lumens
L1T - 37 Lumens

So the Civictor V1 is the brightest out of the bunch.

Does the L1T really run for 10 hrs on the low setting?