Pink Floyd DVD PULSE

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of the younger members on the forum might not relate to this thread but I just received the Pink Floyd DVD PULSE and is awesome. Maybe part of the reason I like it so much is that my brother and I drove to Atlanta from Nashville to see Floyd live about ten years ago. It was by far the best concert that I ever attended and I've been to serveral. It's also one of my best times that I spent with my brother so it is something very special to me.

I bring this up because if there are any Floyd fans on the board you might not know that this DVD is available. The main concert was filmed in 1994 in Warls Court London and it is the same show that they toured with in the US. The concert starts out with the some of there older stuff and just keeps going with hit after hit. This is a must DVD for any Floyd fans. I bet there are some people on the CPF who saw this concert.

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Pink Floyd is one of my favorites. I recently discovered that Division Bell has about 6 tracks that I really like a lot - very melodic with classic Floyd lyrics. I actually bought this CD years ago and listened a few times back then - didn't give it enough of a chance as in my mind I was comparing it to The Wall and Momentary Lapse of Reason and it didn't grab my attention.

Well last month while on vacation up in the Yellowstone area the local station played a great Floyd tune that I did not know of. Well after some searching it turned out to be on Division Bell along with some other great tunes that I now really enjoy.

Anyways, I don't have Pulse yet as I tend to stick with studio releases - except for Rush where All The World's A Stage and Exit Stage Left are fantastic additions to the studio versions of the songs. May need to check out Pulse - thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Tim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've got the CD, saw part of the video on the telly the other night and KNEW I had to have the DVD. Still don't have it, but will soon.

Saw Ted Nugent the other night. He's better than he ever was! He's got a concert on DVD as well that I need to pickup too..."Full Bluntal Nugity". (The song "Stranglehold" absolutely ROCKS - oh and soooo many more!!)

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted Nugent is still around LOL, time to pull out the turntable or 8 track. I love the older music. It's a amazing how the music of the 70s and 80s is still popular or maybe it's just me who thinks the older music is still popular.:)

XM radio has added a older rocks classic station called Big Tracks that I listen to.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Isn't Pulse the Division Bell tour? I prefer the more classical Floyd, but I will definatly throw that one in rotation every once in a while. I like the fact that Steven Hawking is in one of the songs... :rock:

If ya'll look around I have made a few videos of my amature laser show to Pink Floyd. I have posted a few here but if you go to Google and look up Laser Show you should se them. I recently did the whole Dark Side album but cannot get it smaller than 200megs, so I haven't been able to post it. I may cut it up by each song and post them separatly.

I guess I'm more of a Floyd Fiend... I have all thier music on MP3 and have been lookng into collecting their records. I usually listen to atleast one album a day... :drool: :bumpit:

I WANT TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT... but I guess the Live 8 show on the internet has to be good enough. My old roommate dipped on me one day in 1994... I almost killed him when he came home 2 days later with the ticket stub... He got his ticket FREE!!! and didn't tell ANYONE where he was going... :scowl: It's one of his less popular actions...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I probably don't need to ask, have you ever listened to Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz? Who hasn't? :thinking:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Sigman said:
I probably don't need to ask, have you ever listened to Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz? Who hasn't? :thinking:
To tell the truth I have NOT seen it, but I have an mpeg that has the two combined. I tried to watch it but didn't get it. I didn't have any "creative" help I guess. Should have watched it that way when I was younger, and more... creative... :grin2: I don't think it's that big, I could upload it if someone was interested...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
You have to watch the whole movie while listening to the whole album. You have all of that on an mpeg? I would think it would be huge in size!

There was a word doc on the net somewhere that identified all the "coincidences" between the video/what was taking place in sync with the music...eerily "coincidental" - though members of Pink Floyd said basically "hogwash" and it would take a lot of sound engineering to make it on purpose.

Here's one site with some details - I've seen others...

Here's a 43 minute Google video with DSOTM in sync with it, I've not had the CD on repeat w/DSOTM and watched all the way through - I think we had ACDC "Back in Black" on after and it seemed to go well also! Hmmm, maybe it was our "state of mind" at the time? :thinking: :ohgeez:

Last edited:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
I think it's less that 100 megs... I'll check when I get home. Most of the video hosting sites want less than 100. If it is, I'll bring it to work an upload it. I seriously doubt it is licensed work so it should be OK. :grin2:

dragoman

Enlightened
I have the Pulse concert on Divx and watch it often.....also have the Wizard of Oz with the Dark Side sound......very cool. Here's a tip when you watch it: When the song says "dancing on the grass" look at what the scarecrow is doing ;)

I love Floyd, the Division Bell is my favorite album.....early stuff, like Piper at the Gates of Dawn I am less fond of....

dragoman

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman said:

Wow I thought this was a joke when you first posted this but now that I've watched it I must say I don't know. There are to many coincidences to say that there are there's not a link some how. It becomes even more apparent after reading your first link after viewing the video.

I will have to watch this again after I've had a few, might be hard watching the midgets without cracking up LOL. They are dressed and act so funny in the movie, I never really noticed in till now. I've always wondered were they got all the midgets to make the move.

Thanks Sigman for the links!!

redcar

Enlightened
Got Pulse a few weeks back. Ordered some music on Amazon and it came up as a suggestion and went for it. I liked Disc 2 as good as 1. Won't spoil it for anyone, but I would have loved to have been at the Disc 2 concert.

Redd

redcar

Enlightened
dragoman said:
It was all one concert wasn't it?

I thought so....

dragoman

Don't have a clue... it was a few weeks between my viewing of both discs. Next time I'll try to have a little more blood in my alcohol system.:drunk:
Redd (eyed)

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly off topic

But I bought the Pulse CD set back in 1995. This is the one with the red Led "Pulsing" in the spine and I have only changed the batteries in it once!

Now thats good runtime!!!

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I read this thread! I picked up the Pulse DVD on the weekend. It's a great DVD! Love the selection of songs they chose to put on the DVD.

Manditory emoticon ->:rock: