My latest Tri-Lux...(PICS)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished this Tri-Lux for another CPF member.

sm_DSC00271.jpg

sm_DSC00269.jpg

It's a totally custom machined 2D. Bored for any AA batteries, Black HAIII, PTS2-D, 3 UWOK Stars, 3 IMS20 reflectors, Fatman driver @800ma, and UCL.

This light is amazingly bright! I love this light!

MM

Last edited:

Sawtooth

Newly Enlightened
Awesome mirage_man :rock:. The HAIII is very cool!

There is no gap between the bezel and the head. Are you using a UCL? If so what did you do to get rid of the gap?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sawtooth said:
Awesome mirage_man :rock:. The HAIII is very cool!

There is no gap between the bezel and the head. Are you using a UCL? If so what did you do to get rid of the gap?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean but there is clearly a gap between the bezel ring and the head. The O-ring makes it so you can't tighten it all the way. Yes it has a UCL.

Sawtooth

Newly Enlightened
Mirage_Man said:
Thanks!

Not sure what you mean but there is clearly a gap between the bezel ring and the head. The O-ring makes it so you can't tighten it all the way. Yes it has a UCL.

I guess Im too scared to tighten mine down all the way -- seems to put alot of stress on the window... (Nice mod!)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
thezman said:
Nice light.......

What cells are you using?

Thanks.

This was a contracted light for another CPF member. It's bored for use with any 8AA batteries in a Modamg 2D>8AA adapter. 8 Energizer 2500ma AA's I believe is what he's going to use in it.

MM

s.duff

Enlightened
YES!!!!! this is mirage man light #2 for me. brian does amazing work and these lights are friggin awesome. i encourage everyone to pick up a light from him, they are extremely well priced and have become my favorite lights these days. thanks brian!

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang.... nice light MM...

I'm working on almost the exact same thing...

except I have UWOJ's and was going to use the nFlex... but now with the maxflex coming out... i'm more tempted to go that route... because I also could run it @ 1.4amp...

and once awr gets his smart pack rolling... i'll be able to use the 6x14650 LiON battery pack... a 3ah pack @ 7.2.... i'll be curious how much regulation I will get w/ this...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. I love the matt black finish look of HAIII black. In fact I love matt black finish right now period. My intake manifold I painted on my car in matt black (semi-gloss actually) along with a custom painted chevrolet logo and bowtie. I like the look of it I want to hang it on my wall and not use it!! lol

I like the C one you did better though... :) I'm slowly going to C mags now I think. Even though the D is easier to grip overhead fashion for me, they do weigh a bit more, and don't look as cool as the C's. :)

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
beautiful stuff.. i love that flat-black look and the head finning, not to mention the body knurling.. great stuff start to finish.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
beautiful stuff.. i love that flat-black look and the head finning, not to mention the body knurling.. great stuff start to finish.