Civictor V1...is this normal?

afultz075

Newly Enlightened
I just changed the battery for the first time on my Civictor V1. Let me just say, I love this light. It's a real pocket rocket. I noticed however that the pad for the positive battery terminal on the board already looks a bit worn. Is this normal for a light so early in it's life?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Checked my Civictor and I don't see any wear. Since this is your first battery I can't imagine it getting worn so quick. Was it possibly like this initially? I don't think it's likely to cause a problem.

Geoff

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If youre worried perhaps putting a solder blob would work, but then it might not have as good of conductivty. I figure if my fenix/etc lights do start to wear in the center, I can add teh solder and it will bridge it all together so I wont worry untill there is a hole.

carrot

Flashaholic
Mine is not as worn as yours, though I have not used the V1 too much. I wouldn't worry about it. If it does wear to a point where it is unusable, a solder blob will easily fix that, or you might be able to get a warranty replacement.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC mine and use it probably a dozen times a day. Mine looks pretty much just like yours, but my wear is off-center for some reason. I'm using a Duracell NiMh and the Pos. terminal is slighty coarse. That must be causing the mar. It doesn't concern me at this point.
Oh... and I love this little light! All aspects considered, it's Perfect for my EDC needs. I'm never without it.

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks just like it was before..... i mean its good one (i do not overtwist the light to switch ON)

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it actually worn or just a different texture due to being rubbed on ? Mine looked a bit like that after a week or so but it's still not worn through months later.

Latest posts