Help needed part 2

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys...last time I was wondering if you could help me out with some information on head-lamps, since I wanted to get one for my husband... But now:

wink2.gif
New question... :)
I descided for something completely different.... my husband said something about really needing a light for his mountain-bike...so I won't have to worry about wether he might like a head-lamp or not. But with lights for bikes it's the same : I don't have a clue which one might be a good one. So maybe you can post me a link with some information??? That'd be great...thank you in advance...you seem to be a great community :)

PS: I hope he doesn't find me here...since he's also a member of cpf, hehehe ;)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glühbirnchen, what do you want to spend?

What runtime did he need and what kind of terrain he want to drive?

Streets, easy terrain or single trails?

Really bright bike lights are not cheap. To get an idea take a look to the German brand "Lupine".

Best regards

_____
Tom

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
Wow! I didn*t expect those lights to be that expensive...oh my gosh. Hey, I*m only a poor student and can*t afford to spend 300-600€ on a simple bike-light. Isn*t there a cheaper possibility. I mean I could probably afford to spend like 60 € myself and then I would try to get my mother in law and my brother in law to also gimme some money for my husbands birthday-present. But still, that*s an aweful lot of money.And probably we would have something like 200€ after putting together all the money :) So is there a chance I might get a good light for him in this price-category? He*ll use it for driving streets and easy terrain not so much single trails since he*s not a "downhiller".

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Glühbirnchen:)

In this case, take a look to this mounts:

http://www.lighthound.com/sales/twofish_bicycle_flashlight_holders.htm

You said, he is also a CPF member, so he owns a few lights I guess. Perhaps he owns a light, which is usefull for riding his bike?
With one of these holders you/he will have a cheap solution. When do you think he has a usefull light (do you know all of his lights?:grin2:), I would also buy the PT Apex, because it's a very usefull addition to the handle-bar mounted light (and for jogging,hehe).
Take also a look at Lighthound for the Apex (great price).

If not, you can ask again for suggestions for usefull handle-bar mounting lights.

Best regards

____
Tom

rufusdufus

Newly Enlightened
Now that he is not going to be jogging the Princeton Tech Apex headlight would be a great addition.

They are heavy but a great light.

If he is a member here why not ask him as he's probably read your post.

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
Hey-hey!!! :goodjob:

Thanks a lot Tom for your help. I think this is really what I am looking for and it*s a good light for biking. I asked my husband and he said he likes it. We might get it at ebay though... without the batteries and extra stuff you can already get it for around 50 bucks.

A BIG THANK YOU!!!

Glühbirnchen

Newly Enlightened
Sprichst du deutsch Tom? Woher kommst du?

(do you speak german, Tom? where are you from?)

Liebe Grüße, (regards)

Debbie