Inexpensive but cool Christmas gift for co-workers thread

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too early to start talking about Christmas gifts? Not according to my Walmart retailer friend who says starting this upcoming week, you'll see a Christmas presence at Walmart.

Anyhow I am looking in advance for cheap but cool Christmas gifts for mainly co-workers. Examples: Two years ago, I handed out Countycomm $1 keychain lights and they were a big hit. Last year I bought the Costco LED nightlights that would change color for something like $12 for four of them (I forget exact price). They were a really big hit and for family members too. So I am looking for something, I guess it doesn't have to be light related but nice if it is in keeping with CPF theme for say less then $5.

justjim

Newly Enlightened
gp,

if you have a costo membership, they just started selling a 4 pack of garrity 3aaa 9 led lights for $12.99. these appear to be well built with a push button (tailcap) switch and lanyard and comes with alkalines. the advertised run-time is 60 hours, but in reality is only about 5-6 hours on rechargables. all in all, not a bad light for the money. i'm sticking them in my cars' glovebox.

-jim

Makarov

Enlightened
I think the products from Swiss+Tech is cool, so I thought of the Utili-key(I EDC one on my keychain), but I see it's msrp $10.99.
Maybe the Screwz-All™, it's $5.99 and I guess you can find it a bit cheaper if you shop around.