CPF eliteMax + Blaster Pack upgrade - worth it?

sotyakr

Enlightened
Haven't spent a dime on lights in a long, long time, but at one point I thought I might send my EternaLight eliteMax (still one of my favorites) back to TechAss for the "CPF treatment" (LED sockets & revised firmware) and a set of higher output LED's. Haven't heard much about this upgrade since this was being offered by Tom (aka MrEternaLight) earlier this year(?). Just looking for user opinions, and for that matter, if this is still being offered (I'll probably contact Tom directly on that one). Thanks!

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I may not be of much help here. However, I did order and receive an Eternalight Ergo XRay and EliteMax last week. I spoke to Tom on the phone and he said he frequently puts "4-die" LED's in the EliteMax for CPF members, which I elected to have him do. I don't know if this is the same upgrade you are referring to. But, I can tell you that the EliteMax is super bright compared to the Ergo XRay.

FWIW, I did become aware that the company has been for sale on Ebay. So you might want to get on it soon.

I really like the Eternalights. I have the Derringer too. Very functional and fun to use. I hope they stick around.

Bill

sotyakr

Enlightened
cd-card-biz said:
I spoke to Tom on the phone and he said he frequently puts "4-die" LED's in the EliteMax for CPF members, which I elected to have him do. I don't know if this is the same upgrade you are referring to.
Bill

Yep, same upgrade. I think Tom was offering to perform the socket/firmware mod for $25 on previously purchased eliteMax's and $15 for the higher output LED's.

I'm not too worried about the "sale" of TechAss since this has been IIRC, bouncing around for at least a year or more, but I'll most likely get this done sometime soon anyway.

I'm also an EternaLight fan and have an old Model 3 and a Derringer (given away lot's of those as gifts too).