Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) dies (?)

Haz

Enlightened
It's definately sad news. He was a great ambassador for Australia, and will be a big loss. His wife is currently in Cradle Mountain, and does not know about his death yet.

segan

Newly Enlightened
yeah I just read about it, that pretty sad. How can a stingray barb penetrate a person's chest? I guess I don't know much about stingrays.

Razor

Newly Enlightened
I just heard about it too. That seriously sucks. Steve is a hero. He will be sorely missed.

LukeK

Enlightened
I was never a big fan of the guy, but it's sad news for his family indeed. Too bad for his wife and son. :shakehead At least he was doing something he enjoyed -- messing around in nature.

marxs

Enlightened
thats sad news. I honestly thought he was sort of "invincible" to an extent, doing what he does and not getting seriously injured, the everyday superman. he will surely be missed by many

:awman:
mark

tygger

Enlightened
thats unexpected to say the least. especially when he's routinely put himself in so many dangerous situations. oh well, i assume he was doing what he loved for a living, so i guess there's not much more one could ask.

GreySave

Enlightened
The reports appear to be true, as members of the Australian government have issued statements of sympathy. Steve Irwin was certainly a man who dedicated his life to the preservation of many animals that most people would ignore. I commend him for that. The web site for his Australia Zoo and many Australian media web sites have crashed, apparently as a result of people attempting to verify the news and obtain more information. That certainly say a lot about the effect the man had on others.

Alan

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
He provided interesting entertainment & education to many and died doing what he liked to do. He will be missed!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the good guys.
frown.gif

CFU

missionaryman

Enlightened
shocking news, he was a great guy - if anyone ever met him at the zoo in Cairns you would see he was the same in real life as on the telly.
we will miss him, RIP