SO I got my KL3 head apart - then put it right back together!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to get my new style KL3 head apart using just my hands and summoning the power of Hercules. I was initially thrilled since I was intent on sending it to milkyspit for some modding. I was going to have him set the bias higher and possible put a reflector in it but thats' not happening now. Upon getting it open and loosening the four screws that hold that "tower" portion on I discoverd that there is no way to get it completely apart unless you cut the wires. The wires go from the driver board ( in the tower portion ) through a "wall" to the emitter. You would have to open the front end and undo the wires from the emitter. That "wall" is part of the head itself - machined out of the aluminum from the start. No reflector will go in there! I suppose I could still have the bias set higher if I cut the wires so I could pull the tower portion away enought to do it. But it seems like an unnecessary risk. Ack.

BBL

Enlightened
Is it correct, that the housing consists of three parts?

Pictures would be great, i would really like to see how this thing looks internally.