Best Throw Flashlight using AA's NIMH

Chuck Witherspoon

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what the best throw Flashlight is that uses AA NIMH's. Runtime would be best at, at least 1 hour. A half hour would be ok too if the batteries are easy to change. I keep coming back to the Streamlight Propolymer Luxeon. I just bought a P1 which I love, and I plan on buying a L2T this week. Any suggestions that would help me leave my incandesent at home?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly the best use of the light, but you could use the AA NiMH batteries with C adapters in a Mag 3C with the LED module. It will outthrow the SLPP4AA Lux and give you probably around 3-4 hours of usage.

For a smaller light that's economically priced with great throw, the SLPP4AA Lux is pretty hard to beat.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
skillet said:
Streamlight ProPoly 4AA Lux3

Its a great light at a great price.

Gordon aka:skillet

I agree with this recomendation, but I do believe it is a LuxI instead of a III, although there is really no difference anymore......

I bought one a while back that must have been fresh stock because it is BRIGHT! In my home built integrating sphere I come up with a number of 722, which I estimate to be about 51.5 lumens (peak, just after being turned on). On my light meter I also get over 5000 lux, though my meter exagerates by about 18%, that's still over 4100. It throws like you wouldnt freaking believe.

I'm not sure if I got an S bin in it or a high R bin, but the thing is a cannon. It gets crazy long runtimes on Ni-MH cells too.

Streamlight%20ProPolymer%204AA%20Luxeon.png

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
For something that is small and will still deliver good throw, the SLPP4AA is going to be hard to beat. The smaller lights, regardless of price or higher rated Luxeon, tend to be limited in throw. The SL is 7" long and will fit comfortably in a jacket pocket, and will fit in pants pockets if necessary. And best of all, this light can be had for as little as $25.

Chuck Witherspoon said:
Something small would be nice, but it dosen't have to be. Price - under $200.

kahrman

Newly Enlightened
I have an Inova T3 with the AA adapters someone was selling here a while back. It makes it kind of long, but a great thrower.

Kahrman