The Greater MiniM*g Shootout

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. So this is the "Greater" minim*g shootout as it includes the new 2XAA MiniM*gLED. We shall reserve the "Greatest" MiniM*g shootout for one that includes the 3AA MMLED which I don't currently own... yet!:sssh:

The contestants are in order of appearance:
MM NiteIze, TerraLUX MiniStar 2 TLE-5, MMLED 2AA, and Nexgen Bad Boy 750.
(The original MM with the incan bulb ran away):aaa:

P9040335.jpg

Notice the nice huge spill from the MMLED.

Now with the shades on...:cool:

P9040338.jpg

All lights were focused for optimal hot spot.
Way to go MMLED! Not as much light output as the Nexgen, but at a third the price!:thumbsup:

MrMom

Enlightened
Trashman said:
Not too shabby for that MMLED. This is the first beam shot I've seen of those. They are how much?

At the local Wally world in NY, today, I donated $23.74 for a 2AA and $25.68 for a 3AA and $18.86 for the 3-cell upgrade.

cannon50

Newly Enlightened
Must be using the Fraen optic on the NG750. The other optics and reflectors do greatly increase the flood.

Luna

Enlightened
Sorry to be a buzzkill but I have never seen the usefulness of such a short distance beamshot. My little white keychain led looks impressive even in this situation.

Do you have any distance shots?

cannon50

Newly Enlightened
Forgot to add thanks fot the shots. I have a similar set up as the NG750 and have been asking for a side by side shot. Didn't mean to sound critical.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a Fraen on the 750.
I haven't had a chance to get outside and do any beamshots.
When time permits, will be going out to the desert and trying to get beamshots of several lights. This may take a month or so though as I'll be out from 09-11 to 09-25 for tactical training in Phoenix.