Long 3AA MiniMagLED Carry

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a 3AA MiniMagLED last week while I was on vacation. For the last three nights I have been carrying it at work and using it intermittently. I have actually found a benefit to the extra length on the 3AA. I have been carrying it in the supplied belt holster. Initially, I had one of the same problems that I've experienced with carrying other lights in a belt holster. Since I carry them on the side, just a little to the rear, I was always catching the light on things. This was especially true when I sit down in a chair with arms, the end of the light almost always hits the arm and ends up sticking straight out to the side while the head pokes me in the side.

I finally realized I could make the extra length on the 3AA MiniMagLED work for me. By shifting the light just a little forward or back on my belt, I could stick the end of the light in my front or rear pocket. This keeps the light a lot closer to the body since it is now anchored at both the top and the bottom, instead of just the top like the holster does. This has greatly reduced the hang ups as I work around the plant and the pokes in the side when I sit down. Right now, tucking the end in the back pocket seems to be working best. The holster generally stays in the pocket after pulling out the light and the light slides right back into the pocket when I'm done with it.

Since there's been a lot of comments on the extra length of the 3AA MiniMagLED, I figured I would share some experience that's not all bad. I've also found that I tend to hold the 3AA MiniMagLED different than I do the shorter 2AA lights. I find it balances and points very well if I hold it like a pen, with the head between thumb and forefinger with the body in the web of the thumb. The extra length in the rear balances the weight of the head in the front.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been turning mine on in the dark and then twirling it in my fingers like a drumstick. :lolsign:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might find the Mag Leather Holster a bit handier, it carries the light a little bit higher on the belt and the belt loop has snaps that will let you remove the holster without having to undo your belt.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mag Leather Holster with Mag-Led 3AA.

dsc02946smallzj0.jpg

Topper

Flashaholic*
I like the leather one best. When I sit it rides up a little and the light rides up alot but still more than enough sheath to keep it from falling out. I can go from a standard Mini-Mag (with Sammie ) to the new 2AA or 3AA Mini-Mag with out a problem. The snap is an extra plus.
Topper :)

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cut a little square of velcro and put it over the snap on the inside of the leather holster (where the body slides into). The velcro keeps your flashlight from being scratched.

I used the the peel and stick velcro, fuzzy side.