New! Fenix L1S, L2S and E0

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
2 levels of output are very important because can help you in any situation! this light is equal to L1P that davidefromitaly modified some days ago......

jugeh

Newly Enlightened
I think the LxS are too close to the LxT series. Just a little bit more runtime, no coated lens, R-bin LuxI. So the price will be lower, more for the mass market.

The E0 seems to be a longrunner compared to the E1 and may be what the market wants.

Last edited:

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
frisco said:
I don't get it???? Doesn't it seem redundant?

frisco

The L1P and L2P are not there. Looks like the L*Ss replaced them with low and high output. Nice line up.
Still need to make a cr123a adaptor tube available for the L2S. Maybe 4sevens will do that again.

Ken

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Personally I would like my L2T to be a little brighter, so I don't really see the point of the L1S or L2S.

The E0 looks neat if you want a long running survival light in a AAA form factor. I don't see myself buying one though.

xdanx

Enlightened
The look like a remake of the LxP series.

I hope Fenix makes a 2x 123a 3w or 5w light.

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1S v L1T...same high output, 1w v 3w, 1.7v v 4.0v max, shorter RT (10%)

L2S v L2T...lower high output, 1w v 3w, 3.3v v 4.0v max, longer RT (25%)

Last edited:

xdanx

Enlightened
xochi said:
Here is my Challenge to Fenix. Make a light similar to the Arc. Make an similar or better light like the arc with similar output for 4-5 hours on alkaline and provide a stepdown warning mode that is brighter than the Arc and can provide a few more hours of light and sell it for 18 dollars!

I think Fenix reads all the threads here.

Meduza

Enlightened
Note that on the LxS series the finish is "anodized finish" and on the LxT there is "hard anodized finish"

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
and yet, it still doesn't say hard 'anodizing type III finish'.......

Maybe they wrongly use 'anodized' and ' hard anodized' to mean HA II and HA III?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Urgh, those LxS jobs have those ugly L2T style tubes...
icon15.gif
...the E0 looks quite smart though, nice runtime if the specs are accurate.

Anybody got a price on them yet?

CFU

Haz

Enlightened
I prefer the flat sides on the L1P compared to the round L1S. The L1S looks like it will be simpler to produce, so higher production can be made in a shorter time.

josean

Newly Enlightened
I find the high output level of L2S (45 lm) too similar to L2T (55 lm).

Considering that the first one is 1W and the second one is 3W, Don't you think the difference should be much bigger? Is the L2T underdriven in High mode?

mchlwise

Enlightened
Wow! The E0 is definitely looking like direct competition for the Arc AAA-P.

Can't wait for the reviews! :popcorn:

Martini

Enlightened
If I may make a prediction, the LxS series is going to be much cheaper than the LxT series. I too think the literature indicates the loss of HA-III (one of the best features of the Fenixes, IMHO). The L1S runtime indicates a drop in efficiency as compared to the L1T. Of course, the L1T is underdriving a LuxIII. The L2S has the same performance on low as the L2T, but a dimmer high. Personally, I don't see the use. If I need runtime, I run on low, and use high when I need high. I don't think there would be much of a market for it unless it's a lot cheaper. Also of note is that the L1S and L2S use different heads (max input voltage 1.7v, 3.3v, respectively) like the L1P and L2P. Thus the L2S is the better buy.

Obviously, Fenix agrees with me that the E1 is not a suitable replacement for the Arc AAA, hence the E0. I'm sure the E0 will be cheaper than the Arc, but that's not what we bought the Arc for in the first place. I'll be waiting to hear about the first E0 someone drops off a cliff.

We'll still have to wait for a two-stage P1 and flat-regulated L0P.

ciam

Newly Enlightened
Isn't E0's claimed run-time (supposedly on AAA alkaline) of 11-hour sun mode plus 9-hour moon mode a marked improvement over Arc AAA Premium's, which is 5 hours and 2.5 hours respectively? If so, with output about the same, it's quite impressive. Will keep tracking. If it meets xochi's "Challenge" and sold for under $20, it's a no brainer....

Last edited: