• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *CLOSED* FS: Carley 1940 MOP & smooth reflectors - $10 each

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*CLOSED*

I have 10 medium orange peel (MOP) and 10 smooth Carley 1940 reflectors for sale. These are 2" diameter, vacuum aluminized reflectors, with the stock bore and set-screw. Everything else about them is also stock: rim and rear nub are both standard. Thus, while these will fit a Mag C/D head, they will not fit as well as a 1940 with a modified rim and enlarged bore and so on. But, if you have a lathe or a special project in mind (or both), or don't mind taking a dremel tool to the situation, or just simply want some stock 1940 reflectors, read on.

Cost is $10 each plus $2 shipping for the first reflector, and $0.50 for each additional one thereafter. (Shipping is via USPS first class mail in a padded envelope, each reflector in its own plastic bag inside to avoid them damaging each other.) Shipping outside of the USA will cost more depending on where you are and what shipping method you would like to use.

They are all in perfect condition without scratches or blemishes of any kind on the reflective surface.

I accept PayPal or check or money order. My PayPal address (and email address) is [email protected]. Priority order for sales of these (assuming any conflicts or over-demand situations arrise) is based on whoever POSTS what they want in the thread below. PM's or emails do not count. Nor do posts like "I may want three MOP depending on how heavy the OP coating is." PM me first for a question or to resolve any qualifications or concerns.

Thanks!

*CLOSED*

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Carley 1940 MOP & smooth reflectors - $10 each

I'll take a single smooth 1940.
Please let me know what the additional shipping cost to Toronto will be when time permits.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

LumenHound,

I'm thinking that a single 1940 in a padded envelope will be of a shape, size and weight that it can be considered letter-post. In which case, my best guess is $4 for shipping via airmail, plus cost of padded envelope, etc.

Is $4 OK by you? If so pay at your convenience. If not, I'll need to go to the post office and get the exact cost for various shipping methods and get back to you. Let me know.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds good to me.
Paypal sent for a single smooth #1940 reflector.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

LumenHound,

Got the PayPal, but I meant $4 TOTAL shipping cost = $14, not $4 on top of $2. LOL!

I will refund you the appropriate amount--or go with GPM flat-rate if I can--depending on what happens at the PO. Thanks!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

LumenHound,

OK. I sent out your reflector today via GPM flat-rate envelope as you suggested. Should get to you pretty fast!

LarryC,

PM replied.

Everyone else:

For the record, these stock 1940's have a .377" bore, which is way too small to allow the Mag C/D switch/pedestal assy to fit up into it. These are NOT a drop-in replacement for the stock Mag C/D reflectors.

hburner

Enlightened

PM sent, thanks.

hburner

Enlightened

I will take 1 MOP Carley 1940, PP sent.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

hburner,

PP received. Will go out tomorrow.

Everyone else,

Look, these are NOT compatible with the MagLite (any kind) and are not suitable for mag mods unless you are willing to do some grinding with a dremel or cutting on a lathe. If you want a reflector for the mag, contact Litho123. There were a bunch of 1940's made for CPF that were espescially cut (by Carley) to fit the mag head. And they weren't any more expensive than a stock 1940. So find one of those. You'll be happier. I can modify reflectors to fit the mag myself, but I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS because there should be plenty of pre-cut 1940's out there that fit the mag.

Not many people will need or want a stock 1940. If you don't know whether you are one of these people or not, chances are that you're not.

On the other hand, a bit of work with a dremel tool will make one of this work in a great number of applications. So it all depends.

OK. Just an FYI. Truth in advertising and all that.

cnjl3

Enlightened

First I saw this:
js said:
Thus, while these will fit a Mag C/D head, they will not fit as well as a 1940 with a modified rim and enlarged bore and so on. But, if you have a lathe or a special project in mind (or both), or don't mind taking a dremel tool to the situation, or just simply want some stock 1940 reflectors, read on.
Thanks!

So i thought well it doesnt sound like it would be too hard to modify for a M*G host maybe I should ask for a picture so i can see if it would be worth the trouble. Then I see this:

js said:
Look, these are NOT compatible with the MagLite (any kind) and are not suitable for mag mods unless you are willing to do some grinding with a dremel or cutting on a lathe. If you want a reflector for the mag, contact Litho123.

Now I am confused, should I or shouldnt I? Will you post a picture so I can see what is involved?

Thank you for your time.

t

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

cnjl3,

I said the same things both times, but the emphasis is different:

"Thus, while these will fit a Mag head, they will not fit as well as a 1940 with a modified rim and enlarged bore . . . but if you [. . .] don't mind taking a dremel tool to the situation [. . .] read on."

compared to

"Look, these are NOT compatible with the maglite and are not suitable for mag mods unless YOU ARE WILLING TO DO SOME GRINDING WITH A DREMEL OR CUTTING ON A LATHE."

Same thing.

The point is this: if you are an experienced modder and/or are willing and able to remove some metal, then these reflectors may work for you.

BUT, if you are looking for a drop-in (or nearly drop-in) replacement, these are NOT the reflectors for you.

If you put one in a mag head, you CAN screw down the bezel, but the o-ring is mostly exposed, especially with a glass lens in the bezel, and the bore is so small in diameter and so long that the pedestal won't fit up into it, and the lamp would be totally inside the bore with the pedestal flush, even if the lamp were small enough to fit (and the WA lamps are all small enough to fit up in the bore).

Clear?

If you remain confused on this one, best to pass it by. I just posted this in case people who know what these were and had a special product or modding capabilities wanted some. Later I will be modding whatever stock of these I have left so that they fit the TL and SL-20X and will be selling them with ring-potted lamps as complete LA's. But for now, it is what it is.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK. I will be closing this thread tomorrow evening or Friday morning. If anyone wants one or more of these, please post to this thread before it closes.

Thanks everyone.

vacuum3d

Enlightened

Jim,
I'll take 2 MOP.

:paypal:

Thank you,
ernest

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ernest,

OK! Great! They will go out Friday sometime.

Everyone else,

This sale thread is now closed. Thanks very much for your interest everyone.