Just received SureFire KROMA with Pics!!!

duFontaine

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know the SureFire KROMA's are being shipped out. I just got my two, and this is one of the nicest lights I have ever seen. Way more powerful than what I had expected In the blue and red leds.

Runtime is 1 hour on High beam (60 lumens), 3 hours on low beam (15 lumens), 80 hours on blue or red leds (2-3 lumens) and then it says X-lumens/TBD.

Sorry for the fast review, just wanted to let you all know if you ordered one be expecting it. I will give a better review and take some pics as soon as I get some time.

thanks

duFontaine

Last edited:

duFontaine

Newly Enlightened
Re: Just received SureFire KROMA!!!

Hello

For some reason I cant post pics so here is a link. Hope it works.

kroma3ts2.jpg

kroma4jj4.jpg

kroma1up7.jpg

So far the only problem is the Output/Runtime discrepancies. They vary a bit between the website, brochure and the owners manual. Here are all three.

Website-Output/Runtimes:
White High: 50 lumens / 1.5 hrs
White Low: 1.4 lumens / 20 hrs
Blue High: 3.4 lumens / 8 hrs
Blue Low: .48 lumens / 80 hrs
Red High: 6.3 lumens / 8 hrs
Red Low: .52 lumens / 80 hrs

Brochure-Output/Runtimes:
White High: 60 lumens / 2 hrs
White Low: 15 lumens / 10 hrs
color LEDs: 3 lumens / 24 hrs

Owners Manual-Output/Runtimes
Primary Light Lumes Output/Runtimes
High Beam: 60 lumens/ One hour
Low Beam: 15 lumens/Three hours
Secondary Light Lumens Output/Runtimes
2-3 lumens/80 hours
X lumens/TBD hours

I have been told that they are being shipped out in the order in which the order was received. I have had these on order for almost a year. Not to mention a lot of face-time with their Rep. I absolutely hounded him to death for 2 Kromas and 2 of their blades. Still have not seen the knives.

Lots of love SureFire

duFontaine

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug

Enlightened
They have 2 size Kroma's? I just recevied mine today, and the white seems very dim.... I compared it to my KL5 head on a 1x123 (rechargable), and the KL5 totally blows it away (yes, the Kroma was on high).... I wonder if I could swap the LED out for a XX0S ;)?

InfidelCastro

Banned
Doug said:
They have 2 size Kroma's? I just recevied mine today, and the white seems very dim.... I compared it to my KL5 head on a 1x123 (rechargable), and the KL5 totally blows it away (yes, the Kroma was on high).... I wonder if I could swap the LED out for a XX0S ;)?

They look really cool and the different colored LED's is a good feature, but I was not impressed with the beamshots and decided to pass. Glad I did, I guess. I'm not much for optics in LED lights anyways.