Maglite 2D LED Flashlight upgrade help!!

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the Maglite 2D LED 3W light and I am not impressed:thumbsdow
Can someone please lead me in the right direction for a led replacement that will give me some LIGHT!!!!:mad: Thanks for your help, Tony

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
please help....anyone with a link to where I can get a bright led for this....thank Tony

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you for the responce....is there an easier mod....like a replacement led that has more power?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly are you trying to achieve and what were your expectations? The Mag LED is one of the brightest, if not the brightest ones that is available for a 2 cell light.
Perhaps an LED isn't what you're looking for, but rather a light source that puts out more light? If that's the case, you'll probably better off with an incandescent bulb.

choppers said:
thank you for the responce....is there an easier mod....like a replacement led that has more power?

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
You could try to fit 3 or 4 C sized cells and upgrade the LED to the 3 or 4 cell LED. Then put the 2 cell LED in another flashlight. But there has been a review here that says the 3 cell LED running on 3 cells is the brightest in the Mag LED family.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for all the info.....I appreciate it, thanks, Tony