Fenix E0 at Fenix-store: $19.95 shipped!

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Yes, it's there. Bring out the wallets!
lolsign.gif

Kees

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
did you know, you could have got another 5% discount by using discount code CPF5 at the checkout.

that is a everlasting CPF member only discount code.

regards.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Ordered a HAIII Natural one last night, for $20 you can't go wrong...

...yet i *still* want an Arc AAA, something about the fit-and-finish speaks to me, the Fenix E0 *looks* like a $20 light, the Arc AAA looks much better, cleaner lines, a more stark, utilitarian look

still, on 5MM single AAA lights, it's the *runtime* that's important, and by all accounts, on this matter the E0 is legitimate competition for the Arc....

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
warpdrive said:
Hmm, how would this thing be compared to say a, Gerber Infinity Ultra?

Output should be similar. The EO of course is much smaller and the EO's runtime, although very good for a AAA light and well-regulated, won't be as long as the Gerber. Build quality is probably a bit better than Gerber, but there's no clip.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
TinderBox (UK) said:
did you know, you could have got another 5% discount by using discount code CPF5 at the checkout.

that is a everlasting CPF member only discount code.

regards.

Hmmmm I just tried that and it didn't seem to work? Maybe I put it in wrong?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
amanichen said:
Are you sure about that?

Yes. My Gerber Infinity Ultra will output useable light for over 36 hours. You can see from the EO runtime chart that the light is out at 20 hours. Note that the flashlightreview states the IU at 25 hours "peak brightness".

As I stated though, the EO has better regulation, so it does have a more useful runtime to 50%.

Last edited:

amanichen

Enlightened
NutSAK said:
Yes. My Gerber Infinity Ultra will output useable light for over 36 hours. You can see from the EO runtime chart that the light is out at 20 hours. Note that the flashlightreview states the IU at 25 hours "peak brightness".

As I stated though, the EO has better regulation, so it does have a more useful runtime to 50%.
Can I have some of what you're smoking? :huh2:

"25 hours peak brightness" is the manufacturer's advertised runtime. Manufacturer runtime claims are notoriously inaccurate.

The runtime graph on for the infinity shows that at 15 hours into its run, it's only around 12% of original output. How does this performance equate to "25 hours peak brightness" or "36 hours of useful output"? Are you running lithium batteries in your infinity?

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coupon codes don't work on the E0 and the E1. Probably their price is at the lowest 4sevens want to sell them! ;)

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
amanichen said:
Can I have some of what you're smoking? :huh2:

"25 hours peak brightness" is the manufacturer's advertised runtime. Manufacturer runtime claims are notoriously inaccurate.

The runtime graph on for the infinity shows that at 15 hours into its run, it's only around 12% of original output. How does this performance equate to "25 hours peak brightness" or "36 hours of useful output"? Are you running lithium batteries in your infinity?

You can smoke whatever you want. I can tell you that I have run my IU to test runtime and it produced usable light for over 36 hours with an alkaline battery. You can argue about all day long, but those are my observations. Anyone (including you, I would bet) can look at the two graphs and tell that the EO goes to zero light output before the IU does. Therefore, the runtime of the IU is longer. Runtime to 50% is nearly the same, with flatter regulation from the EO.

The graph that flashlight reviews shows for the Gerber IU does not match the observation of my IU at all, possibly because I have the newer "BBT" version of the light that is now available. If you would like to see the exact results of my IU observation, click here. At 30 hours runtime, the output of my Gerber IU on an alkaline was the same as my CMG Infinity on a new alkaline. How much light is the EO putting out at 30 hours? NONE! Wouldn't you consider that better runtime? If you have any data from your own observations, please share them and we'll discuss this further. Otherwise, I'm done here.

Last edited:

Martini

Enlightened
11 hours of constant brightness from 1 AAA sounds a little suspect, but I am inclined to believe it as Fenix publishes pretty accurate runtimes. The E1 is testament enough to the efficiency of their converters. I'm still going to wait to see more comprehensive testing before ordering a half dozen of them.

If the E0 turns out to be true to spec, then the bar for AAAs will be set high.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ss bezel I ordered was $29.50.

edit: their must me a minimum order of $20 as I ordered 2 x E0 and it took the code, but not for 1 x E0.

regards.

Last edited:

Bullseye00

Newly Enlightened
I have also observed my (2 month old) Gerber Infinity Ultra putting out a useful amount of light for about 36 hours. At around 40 hours it started pulsing to let me know that the (Duracell alkaline)battery needed to be changed. Nothing against the Fenix E0. It sounds like a great light and I'll probably get one. The E0's time vs. the GIU is nothing to be ashamed of. The E0 is AAA and the GIU is AA - It's not a fair comparison. It's also not fair to compare how much space they take up in your pocket. The E0 has the advantage in that comparison.
In reference to the term "a useful amount of light" we're not talking about a certain percentage of full brightness, or how bright(and white) a spot it makes on a white wall in a well lit room. We're talking about "how well can I find my way with this amount of light in a dark environment" I'd like know how long the E0 puts out a "a useful amount of light", myself.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bullseye00 said:
The E0 is AAA and the GIU is AA - It's not a fair comparison. It's also not fair to compare how much space they take up in your pocket. The E0 has the advantage in that comparison.

Very true. But, with the EO's clearly excellent runtime, I think that comparison is only natural. It's really amazing how well it, as a AAA light, does compete.