Orb Ns any thoughts??

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking around at some CR2 lights mainly for the size of them (JCR2, CR2 Ion, Orb Raw etc) and I found the Orb Raw Ns. Not CR2 but it is smaller and I like the look of it.

Anyone have this light or have thoughts on it.

Your input would be appreciated.:)

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Orb Raw Ns. It's a great light -- very small, good output, high quality machining, feels like a precision device. I recommend getting the tritium locator, which makes it easy to find in the dark.

Another option is the Fire~FlyIII with pocket body, not quite as small but CR123A-powered, more powerful and programmable. Review: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/109517&highlight=detailed

lightrod

Enlightened
Check out the Mnfg's Corner thread on the Raw Ns with K2. Awesome light. Wow factor unsurpassable. And a practical ight that you hardly notice you've got in your pocket - just get a couple extra cells since they are not so easy to come by (rechargable 14250's - unprotected so charge it if you see a noticable drop).

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I have the Orb Raw NS and like it alot. It has two-stage lighting and one Verde H3 to easily locate in the dark. The weight gives it some "authority" to indicate that it isn't a "Mickey Mouse" kind of a light. Since this is the smallest of my lights, it's more of a show-and-tell item and for the light that a torcher of its size puts out is incredible.

Enjoy!

faco

Enlightened
I carry the RAW Ns on weekends and after work on weekdays as my EDC, It is worth every cent. Bright, small, two stage switch, just the right weight and the Nickel-Silver gives it a feel of luxury, I think mine came with the McR-16 Joker reflector as it has great throw. Buy it……..you won't regret it.

Tritium

Enlightened
Great Light. The one in my pocket now. Brightest, whitest, smallest 3 watt I own. 3 boards on the way for a Cyan, Red/Orange, and UV emitters.

Thurmond

LawLight

Enlightened
How do you like the overall spill of the lighting? I've been toying with going with the K2, but everything I've read says the stock TWAJ is fine.

Law

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
great light, I am going to buy one without the trit.....I would love to have the trit but have read that it can be dangerous.....

Tritium

Enlightened
LawLight said:
How do you like the overall spill of the lighting? I've been toying with going with the K2, but everything I've read says the stock TWAJ is fine.

Law

3' from the wall the hot spot spans about 8 to 10 inches while the corona spans about 3'. I may put a K2 on one of the boards I have coming to see what it looks like.

Thurmond

LawLight

Enlightened
Tritium said:
3' from the wall the hot spot spans about 8 to 10 inches while the corona spans about 3'. I may put a K2 on one of the boards I have coming to see what it looks like.

Thurmond

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to figure out if it will be worth the extra bucks for the K2. Rob is expecting a run of the 3 tritiums at the end of the month, so I have a little time to think about it.

Thanks again,

Law

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
choppers said:
great light, I am going to buy one without the trit.....I would love to have the trit but have read that it can be dangerous.....

Tritium is hamless. The radiation can't even go through the little glass vial. Even if one were to break a vial and inhale all the tritium gas that would only be about as much radiation as you get from a dental x-ray (of course, I also only read that somewhere :) ).

Tritium

Enlightened
LawLight said:
Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to figure out if it will be worth the extra bucks for the K2. Rob is expecting a run of the 3 tritiums at the end of the month, so I have a little time to think about it.

Thanks again,

Law

I don't know about the K2 but the U bin lux 3 is very good. All the K2's I have are U bin as well but in this application I would bet that the U-bin Lux III may beat the U-bin K2. My boards were shipped a couple of days ago. I will test a K2 when I get them and post results here.

Thurmond

LawLight

Enlightened
Isak Hawk said:
Tritium is hamless. The radiation can't even go through the little glass vial. Even if one were to break a vial and inhale all the tritium gas that would only be about as much radiation as you get from a dental x-ray (of course, I also only read that somewhere :) ).

Yeah, and if you blew your nose afterwards, just hink how "purty" your hanky would look?

Law