Want Quality Lanyard Like This...Where?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I would like a quality lanyard that is short, and made of paracord or the other stuff shown here:

lanyards.jpg

But, I need it to fit through the hole in my P1 and other pocket lights. Any ideas where I can get one?

Thanks,
Jeff.

X Racer

Enlightened
There are instructions on how to make these on this site and on the web. You can purchase the supplies at a few of the forum vendors. Also there are a couple people here who will make them for you if you don't want to learn.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think I remember some kind of "guide to knot Your lanyard" on the lighthound homepage.

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened
The various types of knots and braiding used on these lanyards is widely described on the web as boondoggle (american) or scooby-doo (french). It has phases of being very popular with younger schoolkids. I just ask my daughters to make them for me :)

As well as paracord, climbing and sailing accessory cord is very good for making these. Ask at any good outdoor / watersports retailer. 2,3,4 and 5mm cord are all available, often stronger than paracord. I find the 2mm size very useful.

There's also a tutorial on how to tie the hangmans noose type lanyard on the website of Chris Reeve knives.

Cheers

greenLED

Flashaholic
The issue is the attachment to the small hole on the P1. Paracord won't fit through - you'll need a split ring to connect the lanyard to the light unless you use thin cord.

LGCubana

Enlightened
greenLED said:
The issue is the attachment to the small hole on the P1. Paracord won't fit through - you'll need a split ring to connect the lanyard to the light unless you use thin cord.

Checkout Walmart; they have a 10 pak of mini lanyards for your cellphone for $1.88
"Charm Leash" 071796813298
located in the hobby section

Works well to connect your ParaCord creations to smaller items.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Got in touch with Jeff Smith and Paypalled him funds for 3 lanyards--Solid OD, OD/Tan, and Black/grey. Will post pics once I get them next week.

Later,
Jeff.

OwlEyez

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else looking? I've seen Jumpaster's work - excellent and completed 3 pieces for me lightning fast!!!