Lights you desire and can afford but won't buy! Why?

Flea Bag

Enlightened
There almost always that "final one". The one(s) that you would want to purchase but for some critical reason, you've decided not to. You've drawn the line and you're trying hard not to cross it!

For me, the reason is almost always related to discipline and these are the lights which I've drawn the line over. :ohgeez:

1. SureFire K2
2. SureFire A2
3. Surefire U2
4. SureFire L4
5. SureFire G2
6. Nights-Ops Falcata 9V
7. HDS EDC U60GT
8. Streamlight TL-3

Which lights do you desire? You can afford them but still, you won't buy! ... and why?

Maybe if we confess our guilty pleasures out in the open, it'll help! Then we can return in a few months and see how well/badly we've done. :)

clipse

Enlightened
I drew a line along time ago..........I crossed that line along time ago as well.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to stop spending money on lights I don't actually NEED. At some point (and mostly still) I want or wanted (in no particular order):

1) Inova T2 - have a T1 & T3, like them both, so I know I'd like this.
2) Inova X0 new type with reflector
3) Amilite Neo T3 (had one, liked it, want another)
4) Jet-1 Mk II - Poor man's smaller HDS B/U-50? Waiting for a Cr123 body.
5) Heliotec HTE 1 - just a neat, tough 2AA
6) SureFire L2 - had one, liked it, just didn't need it, sold it, but still would like to have one.
7) Surefire U2 - is a little more than I could justify spending
8) MiniminiminiMag CR2 - Already have a Jil, why do I want this??

For the most part, I see what I have spent in the past year on lights and just want to be more rational. I have enough lights to equip a boy scout troop, I don't need any more, I just want them.

iced_theater

Enlightened
Hmmm well the Stenlight S7 is the one I really do want right now, but I have a perfectly good Nuwai headlamp as it is. But maybe if I sell some of my lights I can not feel so guilty about it :)

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF U2. Too many potential problems.
SF L6. I've got a 5w Aleph3, so it seems kind of pointless.
SF M4 reamed out for 18650s using MN20/21 LAs. Don't know what I'd do with it, and I just ordered all the stuff for a 2C ROP that will be brighter at 1/3 the cost. I may still do the M4, though...what a nice light that would be.
I REALLY want those three, but there's way too many more to be specific, so:
Any 1x123 sized light, 'cause I've found my "perfect" ones.
Any 2AA or 1AA sized light, 'cause I won't carry them.
Any 2x123 incan I can't put a 9V lamp in.
Any 3+ 123 incan that isn't SF parts compatible. I love the Wolf-Eyes stuff, particularly with the D36 reflector but don't want to get started on a whole new type of batteries and lamp assemblies.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember rationalizing the need for two 'custom' MiniMags not too long ago. The line was steadily raised with my desire. The line was officially burned into a non-existant piece of memory with the purchase of my BarnBurner. :laughing:

-DF

Illum

Flashaholic
Lines drawn at $40....and buy used lights only...works, but cheaper:grin2:

anymore and I fear to use the light...:ohgeez:

Im thinking of :bumpit:ing it up to $150 and buy an SF A2 from OpticsHQ...
Thanks alot Carrot!:rant::laughing:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
McLux-PD

I have a U2, FF3,Spy and B42XRGT and many more so I've got the bases covered, but I still desire a PD! Logic has won so far.

I did try to get a Ti one but was way too slow.

If I could get a PD with a custom low of about 80mA I would go ahead and get one. But I think you have to get stock. 30mA, 500mA if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The lights are too many to mention. The most I've spent on any one light is $60 (Arc LSL + 2 AA body). I've told myself I won't spend more than $100, but with the recent good deals (Fenix) maybe I won't go that high. I have so many as it is, and since I prefer the little lights, maybe I'll be able to keep this affliction under control.

Geoff

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tell myself, "one of these days" for Don's creations. :)

It's tough, there are soo many goodies to tempt and some just have priority...;)

Last edited:

mosport

Enlightened
I'm tempted by the Ti CR2 ion, but won't be buying because they're not currently produced or sold.

:awman:

But of the lights currently available, I'd have to pass on the FireFly III since I've already modded a few ARC LS's with FLuPICs and identical emitters. I hear it has a nice reflector and beefy copper heatsink, so if I didn't already own a similar light I'd pick one up.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
mosport said:
I'm tempted by the Ti CR2 ion, but won't be buying because they're not currently produced or sold.
:awman:
But of the lights currently available, I'd have to pass on the FireFly III since I've already modded a few ARC LS's with FLuPICs and identical emitters. I hear it has a nice reflector and beefy copper heatsink, so if I didn't already own a similar light I'd pick one up.

I would have bought the CR2Ion if it had a Killer LuxIII behind a Parabolic reflector. Maybe even collect them in all different colors.
Really liked the bezel from the units that did not get into production.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
McLux Ti PD - would be cool, but I already have lots of single cell EDC lights that give me pleasure.

5xUWOJ Mag mod with Li-ion - I'll probably end up with one of these someday, but can't really justify the cost right now, especially since I have an M6 (waiting for a Hotdriver package) and a Hotdriver Mag74 already. Maybe if I sold the Mag2HID?

Thats really about it for me. For now.....

Culhain

Enlightened
Flea Bag said:
The one(s) that you would want to purchase but for some critical reason, you've decided not to. You've drawn the line and you're trying hard not to cross it!

Which lights do you desire? You can afford them but still, you won't buy! ... and why?

I come here for fun, education and relaxation and your question is making me hurt.

Here in the rust belt, I have family, friends and neighbors that are out of work because of US trade policies. I subsidize some, feed others and spend money for protection and armaments against others.

I try very hard to buy products that are US made, but sometimes my wants/needs are not met by US companies. There are a variety of non US made products that I would like to have. Every time I buy one, I die a little bit inside.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to start a fenix collection and have one of every one they come out with in every color. Someday I will but for now; no funds.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC mania Super Flashlight, it may be a nice light
I can't justify paying close to us$300 for it, I'm quite happy with the Fenix Flashlights
as they are affordable

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Culhain said:
I come here for fun, education and relaxation and your question is making me hurt.

Here in the rust belt, I have family, friends and neighbors that are out of work because of US trade policies. I subsidize some, feed others and spend money for protection and armaments against others.

I try very hard to buy products that are US made, but sometimes my wants/needs are not met by US companies. There are a variety of non US made products that I would like to have. Every time I buy one, I die a little bit inside.

I can see where you're coming from but didn't mean to damp your spirits though. My apologies.

Guess a little discipline in anything involving money is always a good thing. But on the bright side, this hobby isn't really that bad even from a monetary point-of-view. You could do much worse. Even buying imported products has its long-term benefits to the US economy. Conversely, I bet you know "Made in USA" is still a highly desirable label that any producer would want to place on its exports.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Ahhh man, I have had the Streamlight pp lux 4AA in my in my shopping cart at lighthound about a dozen times now. I can afford this light, just trying to resist. I think that the PP Lux and the 2C mag mod and Ile quit... Ya right.

Streamlight PP Lux 4AA
R.O.P (all I realey need is the bulbs)
M@G 2C (mod host)
HDS U60XR or U42XR (Hopeing to trade a GPS for one)
SureFire E1L Outdoorsman (even though I have an E2E with KL1-R)
Princeton Tec Apex Headlamp
SureFire M3T
SureFire L4
SureFire U2
SureFire A2
Sylvania Dot-It (In Black)
Streamlight TT 1L
Streamlight Stylus white

Not realey a light but light related.
LaCrosse BC-900