I'm liking my Dorcy 1X123 more and more...

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
Am I the only one that finds this 20$ light a useful little tool for daily use? -I've let my other lights rest while I give the dorcy 123/LuxI a workout. Besides the crappy clicky and minimal screw threads in the tail, I can't be mad at it! Nice, usable white output and good runtime (and I'm not too afraid to let someone else use it :naughty: ).

It may not be the most handsome, but for me lights are tools not jewelry.

Good thing I bought all those BS and SF 123's for my Gladius!

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great light, the only problem is the plastic window. Besides that, its easy to mod, great output and 20 bucks. Very nice light

it doesnt look that bad!

dragoman

Enlightened
I like mine, it is pretty good at draining batts that won't run an incan anymore.....

dragoman

Illum

Flashaholic
in my opinion, I think its the best LED light created by Dorcy up to date with long runtime, perfect beam, mobility, and futuristic aluminum design in mind.:rock:

I have two and both have been through rain, scraping with keys and change in pockets:ohgeez:, and used frequently and no problems whatsoever.:rock:

What surprised me was the use of smooth parabolic reflectors, same concept as the SL PP 4AA Luxeon to maximize the throw:huh::goodjob:.

one problem,:awman: the head comes off and IMO the o-ring seal in the head is a little small and one of mine have trouble lighting up without flickering here and there:scowl:.

dda

Newly Enlightened
I use a rechargable 3.6 LIR battery in mine. It gets warm, which tells me it has some heat sinking. It is a lot brighter than using 3.0v lithium battery

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate all the ideas so far. Gets me thinking about making some changes.

I carry my Dorcy as an EDC now in an old nylon Buck-knive belt pouch with velcro on the top. It's roomy but it's dark camo and doesn't go too well with work attire (I don't like too much in the pockets).

I'm curious how people carry their's, or maybe just leave it in the car.

ohiocopper

Newly Enlightened
I keep mine in my right BDU pocket at work, love that little light, beat it up, trash it, smash it, it keeps coming back for more.

Walt175

Enlightened
I used mine stock, then added 3.6v RCR-123's, then added a FLuPIC. Next, I think I'm going to change the reflector. I've always said that this seems to be an overlooked value.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was about to get the last one at a Target store but bowed out in the end, since I know nothing about its internals beforehand. Otherwise I would've bought it and started another mod job.

Can someone post some pictures on the bezel's internals? I'd like to know if the plastic window and reflector can be swapped easily. Also I'd like to know if the light engine employs real electronics regulation, as well as a Lux star. Thanks in advance.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody replaced the thin rubber cover for the switch yet?

WNG

Enlightened
great little light, one of my favorites too. So white.

The adding of some o-rings to the body is a nice mod.
But I think a rubber switch cover may cause the switch to accidentally turn on. It's very light action.

C4LED

Enlightened
Phaserburn said:
How do you Dorcy owners feel it compares to the Nuwai Q3, which is in a similar price range?

I've got a Q3 and once had the chance to compare them both closely.

The performance is very similar and I'd say the Q3 is constructed a bit better. If I remember correctly, the Dorcy has a longer runtime.

Tesla

Enlightened
kc2ouf said:
I'm curious how people carry their's, or maybe just leave it in the car.

Mines resides daily in my soft-side briefcase. I gotta agree it's pretty nifty for the money. I personally like the switch and don't care about the limited threads or plastic lens. In normal use neither bothers me. I do need to find a clip for it though.

bestcounsel

Enlightened
I just bought one myself after walking by it a few times in the target stores. I had a large amount of older ammondo tech 123's that would drain real fast in my sf's and did not know what to do with them. I bought the Dorcy 1wat 123 and it works great with the older ammondo tech's.

I save my sf and batt station batts for my surefires. I usually carry my 6p on some of my more demanding security details, but when working my anti-piracy details that require no hands on of perps, i carry my dorcy 1watt 123. It saves me a lot of money.

I carry it on my niteize cellphone loop under my suity coat.

I also use the dorcy for edc carry, when not working security.

Illum

Flashaholic
im still very confused :thinking: [dont get me wrong, i love the way it is at the moment:grin2:] as to what die they use in the lights, :rock:NO VISIBLE TINT!:rock:

after a eyeballing comparison...all of my LED collection save the dorcy's are off white:ohgeez: by deep violet tint and or green tint...even my jr lux I use as benchmark had slightly yellow tint:bumpit:...jeez:rant:, great light!:goodjob: