MagLite LED 2AA runtime?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw these things at the local Walmart!

Along with 2 and 3D LEDs.

Interesting. Has anyone compiled a runtime on the 2AA model? The 3AA also seems pretty neat, but very long. Probably a neat thing to carry in your car.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY said:
I have noticed that the regulation is not flat for the 2AA
none what so ever on the 3AAA.
Both lights show a huge improvement when using lithium batteries. See Roy's runtime graph (link in previous post).

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Too bad he won't run the test with NiMh rechargeables. I refuse to pay the $$ for throwaway lithium batteries.

dragoman

Enlightened
Using rechargables in the Mags is specifically not recommended by the manufacturer. If for some reason it damaged the LEDs, the warranty would probably be voided as well....

dragoman

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 3AA is still running, enough light to see in the dark to walk, or to read. Its been over 50 Hours now. At 24 hours, it was the same brightness as the "Low beam" On my PD. Pretty damn awesome!
-bobby

Tesla

Enlightened
BlackDecker said:
Too bad he won't run the test with NiMh rechargeables. I refuse to pay the $$ for throwaway lithium batteries.

Depends how you use a light. Most people throw them in the car or a tool kit or a drawer and there they stay until needed. Rechargeables suck for that use--when you need them, they're already discharged.

OTOH, if you use a light daily (or frequently) they're the way to go. But to counter those who claim they're "free" power, they're not (unless a solar charger is being used)...the charger always draws power from the home electrical supply.