Infected another co-worker with the Flashaholic Virus...

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
One of my co-workers has expressed an interest in getting a decent pocket light for EDC, he's the same guy that fell in love with my Sleeper Mag 2C/3-123a mod, so i pointed him to the Fenix website....

he really liked the L1 i showed him, said it was just what he was looking for, so i decided to sell it to him, since i've used it a good deal, and there were tiny nicks in the HA around the tailcap from banging around against change, i decided to let it go for $20, it's used (lightly, gently used, the rest of the light looks brand new except for those almost unnoticeable nicks in the tailcap HA) so he's getting a great deal, i even put a new Energizer Lithium AA in it

I just walked by his desk a few minutes ago and he was shining the light into his palm and grinning "this thing is *great*, i LOVE it, thanks for selling it to me"

looks like another Flashaholic-to-be.....

should i warn him about SureFires?.......

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
he will find them......trust me.......before you know it he will have 5-10 lights on his desk.....the virus eventually infects all of us!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just walked by his desk a few minutes ago and he was shining the light into his palm and grinning "this thing is *great*, i LOVE it, thanks for selling it to me"

Did you tell him you could get him "something stronger" when the hit wears off?
grinser2.gif

CFU

Lexus

Enlightened
MacTech said:
should i warn him about SureFires?.......
Nah, just let him play with one of your Surefires for a while until he gets used to its power and quality, then show him a Mag for comparison...

The G2 is a very good light for "beginner"-Flashaholics, not too expensive, yet Surefire quality (don't forget to show him where he can buy 123a batts cheap online). Then slowly introduce him into the full SF arsenal and he will see the light... :huh:
Good job on making another convert! :goodjob:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cornkid said:
WOW... L1 for 20 bucks!!!!

.... im still looking for an old style one... :(
they are really hard to find..

hes referring to the fenix l1 big guy.

-David

Illum

Flashaholic
choppers said:
he will find them......trust me.......before you know it he will have 5-10 lights on his desk.....the virus eventually infects all of us!

:huh2: infect? more like dismantle and destroy the normal bodily functions and turn users into zombies that only think about lights and where to buy them....in terminal stages they'll start modding every light they can find and create a full arsonal of virus covered lights used to turn more normal, healthy people into living flashaholic virus assemblers.

Another great step in the flashlight's journey to world domination...:naughty:
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11

reflecting the post, thats a good thing you did...but i dont call the surefire L1 to be baby-steps....thats a pretty big transition from china plastic lights to US grade aluminum tactical illumination tools

edit: Fenix L1? now thats baby-step progress!

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehehe, good work! I gave a good friend a G2/P61 and a couple sets of batteries. It's been downhill for him since then. His wife says she'll never forgive me. I can live with that. :devil:

:buddies:

MacTech

Enlightened
The addiction grows in my co-worker....

last week, i gave him my SMJLED'ed Mag Solitaire, as i have my Fenix E0 and am happy with it's performance, i noticed the MJLED bulb had been knocked a little off center and was producing a dark patch that required playing with the thread head-slop to align

since the light annoyed me, i gave it to my co-worker

he gave it to his girlfreind, who absolutely loves it (hmm, maybe she'll become a Flashaholic-by-proxy?)

Today, when i came into work, he approached me...
"Russ, i have a bone to pick with you"
????
"Ever since you gave me that damn flashlight, i've been carrying it everywhere with me, i never realized how useful these little lights are, but i want *MORE POWER* now...."

Heh, the obsession is growing in him now, the next step will be having him try out my Fenix P1, then soon i'll have to let him play with my P61'ed 6P, once he's tasted the power there, i'll bring in the Sleeper 2C again, and finally end off with the MagCharger......

<Emperor Palpatine> Good, Goooood, the obsession is growing in you now, take your flashlight, illuminate something with it, with every passing moment you become more obsessed with lighting <evil cackling> </Palpatine>

MacTech

Enlightened
Today "D'Argo" told me of his latest escapade with his Fenix L1, the Flashaholic in him is growing, no stopping it now.....

last night (Haloween), he was out with his brother in the evening, hanging up decorations, his brother had just purchased an incan 4 cell Mag and was bragging about it, shining it around, thinking he had "the best" flashlight out there....

"D'argo" calmly and quietly unpocketed his Fenix L1, tapped the rear clickie, and watched his brother's jaw drop as the tiny little Fenix *obliterated* the beam from his brother's Mag

"Whoa, it's so BRIGHT!" his brother remarked.....

at that point, "D'Argo" finally knew what it's like to be a Flashaholic....

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have almost got one of my co-workers interested in an L2T. He still thinks its alot to pay but he has bought 3 lesser, what appear to be ripoffs and has been disapointed each time. I think I've got him now.