Flashlight bug sprouted a new strain

Illum

Flashaholic
I feel that I am no longer flashlight obsessed :gasp: but are now infatuated with CPF...:awman:
I think this "Forum-obsession" is an atyptcal sign of perhaps a new strain of virus that are beginning to form.:ohgeez:

Anyone out there that feels like they prefer the forum over their lights?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The forum sure is a lot less expensive than the lights, and it doesn't have to be dark to use it.

I think the CPF infatuation is more of a symptom of flashaholism than its own "bug." Think about it: if you didn't like flashlights (yeah, right) would you like CPF nearly as much?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I think I can judge which one is worse by my girlfriend's reaction... which, not that I think about it - they're equally as BAD!
john

dyyys1

Enlightened
I think I see what you are saying, but I have a different interpretation, at least for what I'm feeling. I find that CPF helps fuel my love of flashlights. I would not like flashlights as much if I didn't participate in online discussions about them and see others who like them also, but flashlights are still what I like, not the forum alone. I would not be very interested in a forum about, say, cars or watches, and I would probably never visit it. I have stuck with CPF because at the core it has something that truly appeals to me.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
CPF is the most amazing group of people I've ever seen. I'm proud to be apart of it, even though I'm still fairly new here, as I only joined earlier this year.

I visit the forum multiple times a day, so you could say that I'm a bit addicted, but I'm still more addicted to my lights.

Chucula

Newly Enlightened
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
You can talk about so MANY different things here than just Flashlights!

WHAT?!? what are you talking about. :rant:

joking aside, i am believe more and more in the idea that it is more pleasurable to read about new lights and anticipate rather than buying them. I should note that this is after i got every light i ever wanted (within reason). The forum is a good (read: cheap) way to have fun.

Illum

Flashaholic
dyyys1 said:
I think I see what you are saying, but I have a different interpretation, at least for what I'm feeling. I find that CPF helps fuel my love of flashlights. I would not like flashlights as much if I didn't participate in online discussions about them and see others who like them also, but flashlights are still what I like, not the forum alone. I would not be very interested in a forum about, say, cars or watches, and I would probably never visit it. I have stuck with CPF because at the core it has something that truly appeals to me.

I see what you mean. to me theres actually little association between the lights and the forum. I begin my infatuation with flashlights long before I figured out how to use a computer. I love my lights the same and I surf the forum to see and talk to others I find have the same characteristics as I do.
the forum is my source of info, my lights are simply...another infatuation.

PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
You can talk about so MANY different things here than just Flashlights! That's what draws me to CPF.

Of course Flashlight related is MOST of it...

true, we as CPFers shed our lighted experiences to each topic we meet and sometimes we have to regulate our own currents to prevent "power spikes" of other ideas that might hijack the thread and relate to other topics :crackup: sounds like a light discussion already:laughing:

:grin2:each discussion equals more learning both socially and scientifically.:huh:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found the forum to be, well, a booster to my flashlight spending. I find out about new lights or mods being made by members, and I just have to have them. Take the Maxlite for example. If it were not for the forum, I wouldn't have one. I would also not have anything from the Sandwich Shoppe, or perhaps the Fenix Store. I wouldn't own two EDC lights, nor any of the neat M*g lights that can light paper on fire. Let's face it, you can get things here you just can't anywhere else. I used to think I was pretty savy on lights, now I know that I'm not, but I have a great source of very savy people when I have questions.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait till you catch the other bug that involves receiving the light....

Our glass costs anywhere from few hundred to couple thousand, and the lighting gear we use produces an instantaneous burst of light lasting as little as 1/1000 sec.. ;)

Illum

Flashaholic
KevinL said:
Wait till you catch the other bug that involves receiving the light....

Our glass costs anywhere from few hundred to couple thousand, and the lighting gear we use produces an instantaneous burst of light lasting as little as 1/1000 sec.. ;)

recieving the light...Im afraid i will run into that one....its is inevitable for me to recieve my fenix L2P monday.... :sweat:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I still say this site is about so much more than just light.

Gas Mileage, Car trouble, Guns, Knives, Airplanes, Motorcycles just to name several!!!

That said, I have flashaholicism BAD! I just added a 2AA M*gled to the "needed" stuff at Walmart.... and it was definately un-needed!!!!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The forum feeds the addiction, thats for sure. The forums free but the effect is not. New members are warned and advised to leave for the sake of thier wallets. Myself...it was this or the OWL COOKIE JAR COLLECTING FORUM...I chose this.

Ken

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me It has been my previous curiosity with Lights which has led me to the forum, which is now helping to develop an ever growing obsession with Lights!

A viscious cycle indeed.

But a good one I think.

Latest posts