WTF? My Brand New P1 is Flickering?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
My P1, which I received this week and which has been turned on maybe 10 times while playing, started flickering. When I remove the head there is a dark corrosion of some kind where the batt contacts the head. When I wipe it off with my thumb the flickering seems to stop.

Anyone else with this problem? Is there a fix, like use different batt (using surefire)?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Norm

Retired Administrator
A pencil eraser is good for cleaning contacts, not the hard type just a normal rubber eraser.
Norm

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably don't have to do it that often.

I lubed my P1 with the more 'conductive' NyoGel 759G. Started flicker after that. Cleaned both the positive contact and the thread, just with dry soft tissue paper, so that just a minute amount of lube remained. No problems since then.

My guess is that Fenix didn't clean the threads thoroughly enough.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to use Deoxit for cleaning contacts because it has worked on two different lights for me. The stuff works.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Contacts are clean. Threads are clean. I'd only had the light two days when I noticed the problem. Tried cleaning everything with alcohol again last night anyway, and it did not work. The flickering is really a rythmic on/off/on/off, like there is something wrong with the circuitry. This puppy is going back. I've emailed 4sevens and asked for return authorization. Told him I'd take a L1T instead of credit, even the L1T sells for less.

Anyone know of similar issues with the L1T?

Later,
Jeff.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got an L2T and it seems ok so far. If yuo're looking for similar brightness, L2T is the way to go. I'm sure your P1 is just an isolated incident. So i wouldn't worry too much about it. Just send it back and get 4sevens to replace it for you. You'll be glad you stuck with the P1. It's a great light.

Latest posts