looking for torch to hang around neck

bananas

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a torch to hang around my neck. Something thats quite bright and that runs on inexpensive batteries. I lost my edc ultimate while on holiday and ive decided to get a good torch that is on my neck at all times so I dont loose another expensive torch- cant afford to loose anymore. It has to be small so it comfortably sits on my neck.

goldenlight

Enlightened
I have worn an Arc-AAA, and more recently, a Peak Matterhorn aluminum lug style single LED around my neck on a piece of nylon string for the past 4 years or more. Neither light is inexpensive at around $35 new, but it's always there when you need it, runs on AAA batteries, has never turned on accidently, and is virtually impossible to lose.

I greatly prefer the Peak's 'snow' LED to the rather ugly beam produced by the Arc-AAA, but either light is very usefull.

I like to use lithium AAA cells, due to their lighter weight. They cost about $2/ea., but as this kind of light gets intermittant use, a single AAA cells lasts me for months.

You can likely find a nice used Arc-AAA on the B/S/T section for a lot less than a new one. The newest generation Arc-AAA Premium model puts out more light, so there are a lot of the earlier versions not in use. I know I have 4 or 5, myself. Put an ad in the WTB, and see what turns up.

I know at one time new Arc-AAA's were selling for less than $20.

Hmm... as an afterthought, if you want a bright light in a small package, the Peak Matterhorn 3 LED is the same size as the single LED model; that's what I carry on my keychain. It's a high, rather than ultra power, but it's is amazinly bright with a fairly decent runtime. Fenix makes 2 models with Luxeon type emittors, but while they are very bright, runtime is as short as an hour or 2.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello bananas:)

Take a look to the Fenix line.Every little light you can hang around your neck.

Best regards

____
Tom

Flashdark

Enlightened
bananas,

Photon Freedom IV. Comes with it's own neck lanyard that doubles as a switch lockout if you turn the light around backwards on it, a magnetic allegator clip for use on a hat or attachment to a metal object, $16-18, multiple functions, selectable by the off/on switch, coin-cell batteries.

Hope this helps,
Flashdark sends.

NightHiker

Newly Enlightened
The fenix E1 or new E0 might do it for you. The E0 looks very nice for $20.

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
Look into the new Peak Baltic! :rock:

It has a lux3, plenty of power, and lots of battery tube options. It is not on their website yet.

CPF Thread Here

Last edited:

auroreboreale

Newly Enlightened
This week in the CPF Buy/Sell/Trade section there is a chap selling off a huge number of Peak Matterhorn AAA lights with the key ring end, some as cheaply as $20, so I would have a look!

If you work aroung children or moving machinery or in the bush you might want to find some sort of break-away device for your neck cord!

enlightenment!

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

What about the Aunoc AAAA from lighthound.com? I got the newest model and I was surprised by the nice and strong beam in such a small light. It is now one of my favourite EDC light :)

Another favourite of mine is the CR2-Ion with the adjustable low and high output!!

PA

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would go with the huntlight aaa light... it is brighter than the lop, and has much flatter regulation.

-David

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear a light around my neck all the time...very, very usefull way to tote a light. I use it more than any other light, hands down. You can hold it in your mouth...just drop it at any time. Let it hang when working/stuping over something on the ground. I find the AAA size perfect. The Huntlight or the L0P are the brightest...the L0P runs longer on a 1000ma rechargable batt.

I used to use the L0P and it is one great light, no toy beam here...love it. But latley I have been useing the E1 and find it very usable as well, with 3 times the run time. I have the new E0 on order...I will try that, see if it`s up to the job or just to dimm.

Ken