RofisLight        

Thread: Changing AI 3152 Battery

Enlightened

Help Changing AI 3152 Battery

I am trying to change the battery on my new AI 3152. I have the four screws out, but the back does not want to come off without a lot of prying, and I do not want to damage the housing by doing to much of that. Maybe some of you AI owners can help me out. I had read something a few weeks ago, but I thought it said turn the screws holding the cover, 1/4 turn left, guess I was wrong.

Okay, just twist the cover 1/4 turn counterclockwise, but the next problem is getting the battery out, talk about snug, wow.
    Last edited by GrizRod; 09-09-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Default Re: Changing AI 3152 Battery

Take the screws out and then turn the battery cover to your left 1/4 turn. Should come right off.
    Collins Dynamics CD-12, CD-12 Magnum, Microfire Warrior, Iluminator HID, Costco HID, ,Maxabeam, Polarian Helios, RayzorLite ,BarnBurner,and a bunch of small lights.

Enlightened

Thanks larryk,

Going to have get a big pair of channel locks to get a hold of the battery. Then sand out the area where the terminals are jammed up against the case.
    Should not be a big problem.

Great light for the money.

Flashaholic

Just turn light up and hold hand over rear while you shake it down a little.

Then pull out.
    You killed the battery did you?

Enlightened

No, I did not kill it, I want to put a 12V9aH one in for a little longer run time, and keep a couple of 7aH for spares. By the way, I do not recommend buying any batteries for the AI 3152 from Battery Space. They advertise their 12V batteries being deep discharge recovery, but they are just general purpose 12V batteries. A little false advertising it looks like.

My AI battery is out now, hate to sound stupid, but I do some of this mechanical stuff, because I have to , not because I know much about it. I guess we will learn.

Appreciate the help, I am blown away how all of you more experienced guys jump right in to help us new guys.