Craftsman 4aa Endurable + PT Tec 40 = floody goodness

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
I just got one of the luxeons out of a Craftsman Endurable 4aa and stuck it in my old PT Tec 40. The beam is considerably more floody than the stock halogen bulb, but there is still a smallish hotspot for throw. Overall, the beam is very smooth. It's a large, uniform cone of reasonably bright flood with a small, but bright hotspot.

I took the stock halogen from the tec 40 and put it in the endurable, and it works ok. The smooth reflector makes for an ugly, ringy beam, but, it's bright and the endurable body is too good to just leave empty.

I know this is nothing new to most of you guys, and in fact, it's just a boring run of the mill drop in, but this is the only place i can share my excitement over a flashlight without drawing strange looks or comments.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
l1s125 said:
I just got one of the luxeons out of a Craftsman Endurable 4aa and stuck it in my old PT Tec 40...I know this is nothing new to most of you guys, and in fact, it's just a boring run of the mill drop in, but this is the only place i can share my excitement over a flashlight without drawing strange looks or comments.

Well, I find it kind of exciting too.

You've taken two average flashlights and combined them to produce something better than than the manufacturers did. Now you have a rugged, reliable, waterproof flashlight for serious outdoor use.

Why couldn't PT do this and save you the trouble?

Why must we buy the Endurable just to get the bulb? Why can't Radio Shack or Ace Hardware sell that LED bulb, or similar bulbs for 2-cell lights, at reasonable prices?