Excited over 1 AA 7 LED light!

Newuser01

Enlightened
Recently, I've traveled over a few country in Asia (san, HK. :-(). I found this Led light that uses 1 AA 7 Led light that is a delight to use and carry. Has a click on/off on the tail and it wont tail stand. Came with a lanyard. They had about 5 different body colors. Seems to me that it is well made and clicky is solid. It held up well in my pents pockets with keys and change for a week with no scraches and stuff. Time will tell if finish will hold up over time!
IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

It was about $3 US if I remember correctly. I had bought about 5 but given away as gifts and I'm left with one green light.
You cant beat it with a stick for $3 us. Should have bought alot more if you ask me! :awman::awman:

Any ways, Please tell me if there are any thing around that is equal in cost and brightness.

Newbie.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found $3 ea. lights at the flea market that I adore too. 2xAA and 8 leds, twist head or tailcap for off/on. loosen tail and use as momentary or lock out, not intended use but remembered the trick from from past posts.
Great for kids or gifts/give aways.
looks like you got a good deal there. What are those blue things? look like battery holders?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look like AA-to-D adapters, and i'm jealous, 'cause i can't find them for a good price anywhere.

Newuser01

Enlightened
webley445 said:
What are those blue things? look like battery holders?

Yes, They are posted for opins of dear forum users in this link.
I found them for about a buck in JP.

The LED flash light were found in Bangkok/Thailand. Don't know where tho....It was in one of those mega shopping malls with 20 floors of shops everywhere!!!

Regards.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall having seen some before at Wally World in camera department, but they cost a helluva lot more than a buck apiece.
Been awhile since I seen them though. they were yellow, think kodak made them(?) not sure.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's called The Emporium
Sukhumvit Soi 24, Phrom Phong Stn.
http://www.emporiumthailand.com/
It will take days to see everything there! :rock:

Newuser01 said:
Yes, They are posted for opins of dear forum users in this link.
I found them for about a buck in JP.

The LED flash light were found in Bangkok/Thailand. Don't know where tho....It was in one of those mega shopping malls with 20 floors of shops everywhere!!!

Regards.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one from a disposals store for $7.00 AU. Not bad, but it does draw a lot of current, more than the Fenix E1 and less than half the light output

paulr

Flashaholic
1AA is a great format, far preferable to 3AAA in my opinion. That light looks genetically related to what we CPF'ers seomtimes call an XNova (imitation Inova X5 in appearance, though an actual X5 uses 2xCR123A cells). A bunch of Chinese manufacturers make them. They are not super high quality lights, but they work and they are cheap and practical. You can get something along the same lines from peakledsolutions.com that's better made but about 10x as expensive.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Thanks ! tanasit for the mall's info. Here is what its looks like in the middle of the mall.
IMG_0352.jpg

paulr said:
1AA is a great format, far preferable to 3AAA in my opinion. That light looks genetically related to what we CPF'ers seomtimes call an XNova (imitation Inova X5 in appearance, though an actual X5 uses 2xCR123A cells). A bunch of Chinese manufacturers make them. They are not super high quality lights, but they work and they are cheap and practical. You can get something along the same lines from peakledsolutions.com that's better made but about 10x as expensive.

Well Said. I think that product may or may not be as well made as others in the same catagory. But this is cheap enought and funtions well enough. And the 1AA format is the best you could get.
If I could get more, I'll buy a 20. Does any1 have any contact in Bankok? Who is willing to ship these to us?

Mmmmmmmmmm!!

Regards.

Last edited:

lol

Newly Enlightened
tanasit said:
It's called The Emporium
Sukhumvit Soi 24, Phrom Phong Stn.
http://www.emporiumthailand.com/
It will take days to see everything there! :rock:

oh! it was great to hear that u went to thailand :) i'm from thailand but now in the US. i'm thinking about buying the civictor or fenix L1S here. or do u think i should just buy this back there? Is the quality is about the same?
anyway, the Emporium is not that big compared to Siam Paragon :p

Newuser01 said:
Thanks ! tanasit for the mall's info. Here is what its looks like in the middle of the mall.
IMG_0352.jpg

Well Said. I think that product may or may not be as well made as others in the same catagory. But this is cheap enought and funtions well enough. And the 1AA format is the best you could get.
If I could get more, I'll buy a 20. Does any1 have any contact in Bankok? Who is willing to ship these to us?

Mmmmmmmmmm!!

Regards.

this place is called MBK. u can do lots of shopping here. things are cheaper than the Emporium. (actually, Emporium is considered a high class shopping mall)
i'll back in thailand about a few days after new year. i can just get it and ship to u, if u want.
Bo.

Last edited:

Newuser01

Enlightened
I would love it, If you could.

I think I could get 10 just for gifts for friends and stuff.

I did have to make sure that they were funtioning at the shop before paying for it tho.

Let me know and we'll set that up. Thx for the offer.

As far as Civitor vs this cheap light are concerned...they are in the different class. You can buy a few of these and they will perform. But you can buy the fenix for what it is. Better light at a better price! My suggestion would be to try both and see what you like and dont like. You have nothing to lose since these lights are so so cheap.

Regards.

PS.
Mine is still working great by the way.

I had too much fun there and want to go back there again but wont be soon enough!!! Brrrrrr. I paid 90 Baht each without haggling. So you can propably get them alot cheaper. While you are there....eat some good food for me? I miss thai food - sooooooo good.

lol

Newly Enlightened
i could do that.
but, as i said, i'll be back in january. so you have to wait until then. :)