Mounting a G2 (P61) lamp on a bushmaster (pic)

BUZ

Enlightened
I have a bushmaster M4 and I plan on mounting a SF G2 on it (with the P61 lamp). Was wondering will the recoil damage the lamp or are they shock resistant? Also what are your opinions on the G2 P61 as far as a tactical light/lamp, should I go with something brighter or is this light adequate.

-BUZ-

pa100002uv8.jpg

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
the bulb should be just fine we have ours on a 223 and weve shot it on a 308 so it should be ok your gun may differ but it should be ok

schrenz

Enlightened
I guess a shock-isolated bezel would be the better solution, these bezels are not very expensive (about 2 x P61:laughing: ), look at John's shop:
http://www.lighthound.com/sales/surefire_flashlight_bezels.htm

Although the M4 is rather a "plinkler-gun" (hope I remember the term right, heard 10 years ago from a GI :laughing: ), the recoil can kill the bulb.
Years ago I tried it with a HK G3 in 308. Win., it smashed the bulb after the 2nd shot :ohgeez:

NAW

Enlightened
I read a story somewhere about someone attatching a surefire to there gun and the bulb blowing.

You may want to consider if its realy worth trying.

thezman

Enlightened
I have a G2 with a P60 LA on my Rock River M4 mounted on my FSB and it has about 1000 rds on it without failure. The LA is not shock insolated, but I decided to take a chance with it before I upgraded to a shock insolated bezel.

I doubt I'll even bother to get the Z32? bezel now that the stock G2 seems to be working fine.

CLHC

Flashaholic
You may want to "invest" a little in the shock-isolating bezel as an added protection as schrenz suggested.

Enjoy!