New member with fenix ?

LG&M

Enlightened
Hello all I have been lurking here for some time. thanks to you all I now have more lights then I need but not as many as I want. One of them my first LED is a gerber IU. I like it a lot great run time. I also have a L1P & am going to get a P1. I want to get a 2nd light when I get the the P1. Maybe a E1 or E0. Would the E0 be about twice as bright as the gerber IU?:xyxgun: I know the shooting smiley doesn't need to be here I just liked him. Thanks.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, I don't know much about the lights you mention (except for the L1P) but someone will help you out.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I don`t think you will get a concrete answer just yet as not many folks have the E0 yet. Maybe Monday someone will be able to. Either way there is the question of the Led used in your IU...do you know if it is the CS Nachia?

For the moment...in general, I doubt the E0 would be twice as bright. In fact if your IU has the newer CS bulb I would guess the E0 would be slightly dimmer...perhaps the same at best. The E1 would be brighter for sure.

Ken

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the shooting smiley doesn't need to be here I just liked him.

He has a certain charm doesn't he...
biggrin.gif

I'd go with an E1 for now...nice useful output, plenty of runtime if used as a back up/keyhole finder...nice little light IMO.

CFU

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I would echo what Badbeams said concerning the E0. Hopefully I'll have one on Monday. Looks like the E0 will start out just marginally dimmer than the IU, but because of regulation it will maintain its level and be brighter after a short time. The E1 has, on paper, at least twice the output of the IU, but not the runtime, of course.

Welcome to the monkey house.

Geoff

LG&M

Enlightened
My gerber is over a year old it must be the older LED.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, if it`s a year old...it would not be the CS. So the E0 would be brighter...not twice as bright...maybe 50%. Guess it comes down to if you want the long run time 8~11 hours or brighter yet, with only 2~3 hours. If you are going to run rechargables...do you need the long run time? Only 4 dollars differance. It`s a tough choice. Buy both?

Ken