Idea for Magled heat sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
hello all, I am new to this forum but i have an idea to add heat sinking to the stock mag body and the magled. this idea is similar to the one that mbirds did to his dive light(involving a coiled heavy guaged wire soldered to the outside of the body, which by the way, he stated worked very well). Would it help???>>>if you soldered a heavy guage, flexible wire(possibly braided grounding strap) to the brass lug on the side of the sliding recepticle and then anchored the other end of it to the body by drilling a hole near the bottom of the space above the switch assembly, right above the top of the switch assembly. then anchoring the wire(probably by soldering it to a small washer, and using a small screw and nut). this would allow for the light to continue to perform as an adjustable beam light and would not alter its performance. *NOTE* the wire would need to be soldered perpendicular to the recepticle(so it will flex easily) and also long enough so it would not restrict the recepticle form reaching maximun height. the screw used to anchor the wire could be a taper head screw and could also be countersunk as not to hit the rotating bezel on the outside of the light. I dont know how much this would help but I think it is possible to even do this to both sides of the sliding recepticle by taking a dremel tool and cutting a slot in the other side of the plastic housing and soldering a wire directly to the recepticle. the only problem here is that the wire must not hit the tall part of the reflector ramp as the reflector turns. Like I said, am new here. I would like to know what you think??? I will be trying this very soon and will post pictures to help. I dont have any fancy testing equipment, but if it works I may send it to someone for testing of actual efficency.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest the Fenix.

wow, Im trying to follow you, but I think pictures would help out alot. Its late anyway. Im sure other members could give you advice.

Welcome to CPF! bla bla bla.
waiting to see your results
-bobby

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
sorry about the cross posting, but figured it needed to be in the modified light section. im still learning this forum stuff.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.