27LT in action

*Retired*
Well, had the opportunity to try out a 27LT.

It performed nicely, probably a bit of overkill for the purpose at hand:
27lt.jpg

It did well at pointing out the soldiers guarding the treasure troves, who locked in battle when confronted with the business end of the 27LT:
scorp2.jpg

It nicely lit up items of interest as the day went on:
27ltcry.jpg

I appreciated it's very long runtime, as it gets used so much that it is a pain to constantly turn a flashlight on and off. Just turn it on, and don't sweat the little things in life.

I found the ruggedness/robustness of the light to be well up to the task and the environment at hand.

Job Well Done McGizmo!

:twothumbs

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you tell us a little about the gem cluster you found?

Could you dial in your macro a tad? I can't figure out what that piece of fuzz is that's residing on the particle of soil that's riding on that one hair growing from the tail of the scorpion.

Did you notice that you may have scratched your 27LT and got some dirt on it? It will never have an opportunity to be a shelf queen. It will have to work for a living from now on.

Good stuff there, Jar. Thank you for this post.

For those that may not know, if Newbie appreciates a light he's used for rock hounding enough to post kudos about it with usage photos; that's a major compliment.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Great picture shots here, especially of that arachnida. I'm also curious about that "treasure" there. . .

Enjoy!

*Retired*
Icebreak said:
Would you tell us a little about the gem cluster you found?

Could you dial in your macro a tad? I can't figure out what that piece of fuzz is that's residing on the particle of soil that's riding on that one hair growing from the tail of the scorpion.

Did you notice that you may have scratched your 27LT and got some dirt on it? It will never have an opportunity to be a shelf queen. It will have to work for a living from now on.

Good stuff there, Jar. Thank you for this post.

For those that may not know, if Newbie appreciates a light he's used for rock hounding enough to post kudos about it with usage photos; that's a major compliment.

Well, basically at this location, I normally find quartz eggs:
http://www.molalla.net/~leeper/molrock1.jpg

But, sometimes I find some other items like this:
http://www.molalla.net/~leeper/molrock7.jpg
http://www.molalla.net/~leeper/molrock2.jpg

And sometimes I find metals, like the copper under the quartz:
http://www.molalla.net/~leeper/molcoppr.jpg

Unlike many lights, my lights actually serve a very real and functional role in life, and get used quite often. So, they get dirty, scratched, dropped, abused, but luckily, I haven't hit any with my 25 lbs sledgehammer yet. A few of my lights have gone into mines, where they serve a vital role, and become the primary source of illumination, and a couple have gotten dunked in the mines, or when forging a river or stream. Meanwhile, I do alot of lighting work and measurement in a dark rooms (so stray light doesn't affect things), so at times, I earn a living, working by the light of my flashlight- so to speak.

It is also fairly common to be using one of my lights to rockhound at night by the light of one or more flashlights, and to hike in and out of locations with my flashlights.

I like to also keep a reserve light and/or a long running flashlight, in case I have to signal someone when I get hurt, as many of these locations can be hours away from the nearest human habitation.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool Newbie. :) Let's hope the 27LT head will survive some other tests you have in store! :D :green:

ibcj

Enlightened
Nice pics Newbie !

I've been considering this light for some time now and your pics prompted me to place an order.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really nice pics! I have the 27Lt and really do like it and use it when hunting in the mountains!!