Beamshots VB-16 (new) vs. various lights (many pics!)

Moe

Newly Enlightened
This is not a review, i just wanted to post some pics of the new VB-16 and its different levels compared to:

Peak Matterhorn 3 HP (old style) snow
Fenix L1T
Amilite Neo T3
Surefire L4
I was planning to compare the lowest output with my CMG Infinity (not ultra) but i could not find it. Must be somewhere in my drawers...
I love the VB16, level 1 is perfect for reading at night without disturbing anyone sleeping beside you. It has a tiny hotspot and weak corona, which cannot be seen in the first photo unfortunately.
Distance to the wall was 50 cm ( 20 inches) for all lights. All had new CR123 in them, the Fenix a new L91 and the Matterhorn a new Alcaline AAA, because i had no Lithium AAAs on hand.

Here we go:

mat3hp-vbL1.jpg

mat3hp-vbL2.jpg

L1TL-vbL2.jpg

L1TH-vbL2.jpg

L1TH-vbL3.jpg

L1TH-vbL4.jpg

L1TH-vbL5.jpg

L1TH-vbL6.jpg

T3-vbL6.jpg

T3-vbL10.jpg

T3-vbL15.jpg

T3-vbL32.jpg

L4-vbL32.jpg

Last edited:

dc

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thats 1 real bright multi level light. So how much brightness will it lose if running on 1 1865o instead of 2 primary 123?
Thanks for the shot man. I'm still thinking to wait for the 5w version or just buy the 3w version.

Daniel

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks moe!! been considering this one. any chance of a couple of shots of the light beside a few others and maybe held in hand like brightguy does?? really would appreciate it

thanks

havand

Enlightened
I like the light..Much smaller than i was expecting for some reason. I havn't tried out the throw as i got it today and its currently light out. Took 7 days ( i think) shipping to the east coast.... Fast. I like the light, but i think I was expecting too much. I compared it on 2xrcr123 to my jet mk1 and they seemed similar. The vb16 has a much tighter hotspot which is brighter than the Jet. I don't have a lightmeter, but i'm sort of thinking they'd end up being about the same. Brighter/Smaller vs Dimmer/Larger. 0.62A at the tailcap off of 2 rcr123's at about 4.07-4.10 volts initial at maximum brightness. If i get time later, maybe i'll post up some shots compared to the jet-1.

Latest posts