LED tac light?

Cevulirn

Newly Enlightened
Are there any LED lights out there that are powerfull enough to work as a weapon mounted tactical light, and up to the hazard of recoil shock?

Thanks,
--Cevulirn

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of mounting on what kind of weapon? Remote switch?

Many 1" diameter lights can be fixed to weapons. Night-Ops Gladius comes to mind along with many SureFires.

For pistol I second the X200. I have an X200A that goes on my .45 every night.

Scott

Cevulirn

Newly Enlightened
beezaur said:
What kind of mounting on what kind of weapon? Remote switch?

Many 1" diameter lights can be fixed to weapons. Night-Ops Gladius comes to mind along with many SureFires.

For pistol I second the X200. I have an X200A that goes on my .45 every night.

Scott

Oohh... Gladius, I forgot about that one!

I'd like to have a remote pressure switch, etc for an AR-15 tactical setup. Of course I'm currently shooting a stainless bull barrel with a free-float tube, so this will be a little ways down the line, I just want to do some research in advance. (Or at least know what to research!)

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest LED flashlight in the market that can be weapon mounted is our Barbolight U-15, has remote switches, and rifle mount system.

It has some features unsurpased.

PM me for more information.

barbo02jw8.jpg

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting to reconsider an LED as anything but a tactical style light, in terms of throw, intensity and color rendition.

I've been using a Gladius on the duty belt for the last two years or so. It's great indoors, but suffers drastically outdoors, especially with ambient lighting, etc.

It's semi retired, replaced with a 9V Falcata.

For a weapons mounted light, the Falcata is designed for it, but remote switching isn't yet available.

I think most LED's would handle the recoil, as there's no filament to distort or break under the shock.

I have a SL TLR-1 which is an excellent piece...

--dan